Calculating recycling markets
- Recyclers of PET on edge. Verespej, Mike // Waste & Recycling News;10/1/2012, Vol. 18 Issue 13, p0005
The article discusses concerns in the reclaiming community that some PET recycling businesses will go out of business for lack of supply. Said concerns is being driven by the slow growth in supply combined with a more than 50% increase in PET reclamation capacity since the start of 2010. It...
- Do your (recycling) thing, but target the market. Glenn, Jim // In Business;Jan/Feb2000, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p30
Discusses how commercial recyclers in the United States overcome the challenges of marketing recycled products. Investment in heavy recycling equipment by Apollo Wood Recovery, a company that produces medium density fiberboard from waste wood; Exploration of the potential for making value-added...
- Five steps to successful compost marketing. Alexander, Ron // BioCycle;Jun98, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p63
Offers tips on marketing of recycled products including compost. Product research; Promotion; Education of customers; Sales and distribution.
- Home & Planet TOP TEN GIFT PICKS. Montgomery, Delia // In Business;Nov/Dec2001, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p10
Features the Home & Planet Earth-Friendly Furnishing stores owned by Jon Clark in the United States. List of recycled products; Creation of Relan bags made from used billboards; Design of J Line photo frames made from recycled copper car radiators. INSET: USING RESOURCES TO AVOID THE 'WRAP TRAP.'.
- Unifi: REPREVE â€” recycled PET fiber. // Melliand International;Aug2009, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p116
The article reports on the launch of the new recycled filament polyester raw material from Unifi Inc., as part of its REPREVE recycled products.
- It's recycled, it's beautiful, it sells. Riggle, David // In Business;Jan/Feb98, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p12
Provides information on the manufacturing efforts of Fire & Light company in Arcata, California to create recycled tablewares. How the company begun in business; Financial challenges faced by the company; Company's plans for future developments. INSET: Center for environmental economic...
- No miracle markets. Grogan, Peter L. // BioCycle;Jan1998, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p86
Discusses recycling in the United States. Burgeoning need in Asia for recyclable commodities from North America and elsewhere; Market opportunities lost to the Asian economic crash and the US transportation system gridlock; Activities that disrupt the end-use marketing of recyclable commodities.
- CBOT Recyclables Exchange can help buying/selling of compost. // BioCycle;Apr97, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p12
Features the Chicago Board of Trade (CBOT) Recyclables Exchange, a centralized exchange for recovered materials such as paper, PET plastic, glass and rubber, which can facilitate the buying and selling of compost. Registration fee; Internet operation; Contact information.
- Cards with growth potential. // In Business;Jan/Feb98, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p11
Provides information on the bindu Seed Papers business of Norma Cross, a Christmas card retailer. Background information on how her business started; Her unique ideas in cardmaking; Outcome of the business.