- Run Silent, Run Deep. Fickes, Michael // Waste Age;Dec2002, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p64
Focuses on the waste company Allied Waste Industries in Scottsdale, Arizona. Information on its acquisition of BFI; Details on the operation of Allied; Discussion on the business strategy of the company. INSET: ALLIED WASTE AT-A-GLANCE.
- Allied, Republic Plan Deal, Swap of Assets. Brown, Bob // Waste News;08/02/99, Vol. 5 Issue 12, p1
Reports on the exchange of the assets of waste hauling firms Allied Waste Industries Inc. and Republic Services Inc. Range of assets; Terms of agreement; Value of assets sold.
- In Brief. // Waste News;08/02/99, Vol. 5 Issue 12, p6
Compiles news concerning the waste management industry in the United States recent to August 2, 1999. Includes lowering of credit rating of Allied Waste Industries Inc.; Purchase of corrugated container plant by Chesapeake Corp.; Introduction of trash billing system by the city of Atlanta, Georgia.
- Allied alters Canada deal. Brown, Bob // Waste News;11/15/99, Vol. 5 Issue 27, p3
Reports on the revision of the deal between Waste Management Inc. (WMI) and Allied Waste Industries Inc. regarding Canadian operations of Allied Waste. Purchase of Canadian operations by exchanging it for United States operations of Waste Management in 11 states instead of cash payment; Scope...
- Landfill closure hurts haulers. Duff, Susanna // Waste News;12/13/99, Vol. 5 Issue 31, p11
Reports on the closure of a landfill owned by Allied Waste Industries Inc. in Kansas City, Missouri. Impact on landfills in neighboring counties; Impact of closure on local trash haulers; History of operation; Size of the landfill; Capacity of landfill.
- DOJ halts part of swap. Gynn, Ann M. // Waste News;08/07/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p3
Reports that the United States Department of Justice nixed deals between Waste Management Inc. and Allied Waste Industries Inc. in Mississippi and Ohio but approved asset sales in Kansas City, Missouri. Terms under the asset swap deal; Total value of assets included in the swap deal.
- Solid waste acquisition planned. Canning, Kathie // Pollution Engineering;Jun98, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p24
Reports that Allied Waste Industries Incorporated has signed a definitive agreement to acquire Rabanco Companies. Solid waste operations of Rabanco; Annual revenue of Rabanco; Expected date of completion of the transaction.
- Allied sells, acquires assets. Brown, Bob // Waste News;03/01/99, Vol. 4 Issue 42, p2
Features the agreements signed by Allied Waste Industries Inc. and Waste Connections Inc. to unload their isolated outposts through a swap of hauling and disposal assets in Washington state and Nebraska. Value of the transaction; Businesses involved in the buy and sell deals; Pending local and...
- DOJ letter squashed Allied deal. Brown, Bob // Waste News;05/31/99, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p1
Reports on the United States Department of Justice's rejection of Waste Management Inc.'s sale to Allied Waste Industries Inc. of three transfer stations in New York City and other holdings in Florida and Pennsylvania. Allied's previous claims for terminating the deal; Annual revenues of the...