Freightliner unveils truck division
- New Freightliner subsidiary christened Sterling Truck Corporation. // Fleet Equipment;Nov97, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p21
Reports on Freightliner Corp.'s christening of its Ford Heavy Trucks acquisition as Sterling Truck Corp. Reason for the corporate name change as explained by president and chief executive officer James L. Hebe; Factors considered in choice of corporate name; Expansion plans at Freightliner.
- Freightliner unveils Sterling Truck Corp. // Concrete Products;Dec97, Vol. 100 Issue 12, p11
Reports that Freightliner Corp. has renamed the Ford Heavy Truck business it acquired early in 1997 into the Sterling Truck Corp. Announcement of the name at the American Trucking Associations convention; Plans for the business' truck models; Schedule of production.
- Sterling Trucks launched with three models. // Fleet Owner;Mar1998, Vol. 93 Issue 3, p31
Focuses on production of the conventional L-Line and the Sterling A-Line tractor models, by Sterling Trucks Incorporated, a subsidiary of Freightliner Corporation. Location of the production plant; Who will retail the models; What the L-Line was formerly know as; Description of the models.
- Sterling choice. // Fleet Owner;Nov97, Vol. 92 Issue 11, p26
Announces the changing of name of Ford Heavy Trucks, a subsidiary of Freightliner Corp., to Sterling Truck Corporation. Significance of the name; Appointment of John Merrifield as senior vice president-sales and marketing for Sterling.
- Freightliner and Sterling unveil TufTrac suspension for heavy-duty vocational trucks. // Fleet Equipment;Mar98, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p60
Features Freightliner Corp.'s TufTrac suspension for heavy-duty vocational trucks. Availability for both Freightliner and Sterling Truck Corp. vocational product line; Features and design.
- Ford dealers see silver lining in `Sterling.' Couretas, John // Automotive News;10/27/1997, Vol. 71 Issue 5737, p28
Focuses on the acquisition of Ford Motor Co.'s heavy-truck line by Freightliner Corp., a unit of Germany's Daimler-Benz AG. The truck business to be called Sterling Truck Corp.; Comments from truck dealers on the change in ownership.
- Worktrucks: What's New For 2006. Kelly, Tom // Construction Bulletin;11/4/2005, Vol. 290 Issue 32, Special Section p3
The article presents news related to various truck manufactures in the United States. Sterling Co. will expand its product lineup with the introduction of a low cab forward truck developed in partnership with Mitsubishi Fuso Co. Volvo Co. introduced a new heavy transport daycab, the VT 800....
- RUNNING OUT OF OPTIONS? Deierlein, Bob; Foote, Andrea // Beverage World;8/15/2004, Vol. 123 Issue 8, p51
Presents information on the beverage delivery truck options offered by various companies in the U.S. Freightliner; Peterbilt; Sterling.
- EQUIPMENT NEWS ROUNDUP. // Beverage Industry;Sep2005, Vol. 96 Issue 9, p62
Presents news briefs related to business logistics as of September 2005. Details of the automated transmissions of Eaton; Plan of Freightliner Group to include electronic stability control with its Roll Advisor & Control safety technology on its trucks; Powertrain warranties of Mitsubishi Fuso...