Calif. Developer Faces Foreclosure After Missed Payment
- Controversial bill should die. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);4/25/2011, Vol. 28 Issue 17, pP32
The author contends that the controversial U.S. Senate measure, SB 346, would permit people from Nevada to leave heir homes after a foreclosure or short sale without getting sued to repay the difference.
- Calif. foreclosures jumped 19% in year. Kulkosky, Edward // American Banker;3/19/97, Vol. 162 Issue 53, p7
Reports on the increase in the foreclosure of properties in California for 1996.
- Foreclosures at record pace. Rademacher, Kevin // Inside Tucson Business;07/06/98, Vol. 8 Issue 15, p1
Reports on a jump in foreclosure sales in Pima County, Arizona. Increase in the number of notices of trustee sales from 1995 to 1998, based on figures from the Pima County Recorder's Office; Inability of local economists and real estate officials in explaining the phenomenon.
- California foreclosures highest level since 1989. // Mortgage Banking;May97, Vol. 57 Issue 8, p7
Reports on the double-digit increase of real estate foreclosures in California from 1991 to 1996. Homeowners' difficulties in meeting their mortgage payments; Estimated number of California homeowners who have negative equity.
- In Brief. // New Hampshire Business Review;7/16/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 14, p7
The article offers news briefs in New Hampshire including the demand on the state's power grid brought by the July 2010 heat wave in Manchester, the decline in the number of foreclosures in Bedford in May 2010 as reported by the New Hampshire Housing Finance Authority, and the closure of the New...
- Activity Decreases 4 Percent in October. // Qualified Remodeler;Dec2010, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p12
The article reports on the decrease in foreclosure filings in the U.S.
- Foreclosures in the Hot Seat. Sibayan, Karen // Asset Securitization Report;Nov2010, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p5
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses the minimal impact of foreclosures on the senior bonds in residential mortgage-backed securities (RMBS), the foreclosure crisis in the U.S., and the company profile of Paladin Strategic Partners.
- City buying tax-foreclosed homes. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;8/8/2011, Vol. 29 Issue 32, p7
The article reports on the approval given by Grand Rapids commissioners to the Grand Rapids Economic Development Office to purchase several tax-foreclosed homes from the Kent County Treasurer in Michigan.
- The little-known world of the courthouse auction. Howell IV, James H. // Wenatchee Business Journal;Apr98, Vol. 12 Issue 4, pA19
Describes foreclosure proceedings at the Chelan County Courthouse in Washington state. Benefits and drawbacks of and bargains from buying properties on auctions; Warning about the absence of guarantees; Research and diligence required for a successful purchase by auction. INSET: No guarantees...