NEWS IN BRIEF
- MARKET MOVERS. // Emerging Markets Monitor;11/28/2011, Vol. 17 Issue 33, p1
The article offers news briefs on the market performance of bonds in Germany and monetary policy in China.
- Fed Leaves Rates Unchanged; Muni Yields Drop Two to Six Basis Points. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;8/14/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31449, p2
Reports bond market developments in the U.S. as of August 2002. Increase rate of the municipal bonds; Stability of the monetary policy of the Federal Reserve Board; Decline of profits.
- Conclusion and policy implications. // BOFIT Discussion Papers;1/15/2013, Issue 1, p26
The article focuses on the implications of issuing sterilisation bonds in emerging Asia. It states that increased issuance of longer-term bills has resulted in the increased monetary control in China. It also mentions that sterlisation bonds can increase the stability of economic systems of the...
- Municipal Bonds Trade Quietly In Somber But Orderly Fashion. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;9/14/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31223, p2
Reports the opening of the municipal market following the terrorist attack in the United States. Limitations in price fluctuations; Emphasis on short end bond market for safety and easier monetary policy; Enumeration of the primary market activity.
- THE EUROPEAN BOND MARKETS LEADERSHIP: EVIDENCE FROM A REGIME SWITCHING EXAMINATION FRAMEWORK. Georgoutsos, Dimitris; Migiakis, Petros M. // 11th International Conference on Finance & Banking: Future of th;2007, p281
The European bond markets have converged substantially towards the introduction of the common European monetary policy framework and ever since they are characterised by strong linkages and interactions, formulating an integrated framework of markets. However the topic of the benchmark status in...
- Bond firms stay on defensive as QE3 rejected. Ellul, Joanne // Money Marketing;9/1/2011, p2
The article reports on the move of bond managers to defend their positions after U.S. Federal Reserve chairman Ben Bernanke decided against a third round of qualitative easing.
- MONETARY POLICY AND PARALLEL FINANCIAL MARKETS. IONESCU, Adela // International Conference : CKS - Challenges of the Knowledge Soc;2015, p784
Monetary policy is one of the economic policy "tools" through which it acts on the currency demand and supply in the economy. The importance of monetary policy results from its primary objective - price stability, plus limiting inflation and maintaining internal and external value of the...
- Participants Ease Bids Amid Policy Concerns. Johnson, Anastasia; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;1/31/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32309, p2
The article reports on the adjustment of municipal bond yields from one to two basis points higher as the municipal bond market eased their bids in light of concerns about the direction taken by the monetary policy in the U.S. Prices were lower despite bond-friendly inflation data. Personal...
- Bond bonanza. Steyn, Greta // Finance Week;6/29/2005, p51
Reports on the performance of the foreign investment in the bond market in South Africa. Effort in offering high yields compared with unusually low yields in developed markets; Initiative of the government in strengthening its monetary policy; Value of its foreign exchange reserves in the U.S....