- Treasuries Push Munis Up 1/8 to 1/4. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;5/6/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31380, p2
Reports the increase of municipal bond prices in Atlanta, Georgia. Release of the bond-friendly economic data; Enhancement of corporate profitability; Generation of public interest and activity.
- Net Muni Inflows Double as Stock Funds Suffer Record Cash Loss. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;9/4/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31461, p29
Reports the increase in the net inflows of cash into municipal bond funds for the months June to July 2002 in the U.S. Record outflow in stock funds; Amount on the outflow of tax-free money market municipal funds; Percentage of cash loss in the stock mutual funds.
- Muni bond investors: New keys to tax-free profits. Simon, Ruth // Money;Jun95, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p146
Discusses key strategies for tax-free profits for municipal bond investments. Problem with buying individual bonds in the 1990s; KEnny system; Price-quote system; Changes in the municipal bond market; Tips for improving chances of getting a good deal.
- Municipals Climb Another Session; Prince George's County, Md., Sells. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;9/25/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31478, p2
Focuses on the increase sales of municipal bonds in Prince George's County, Maryland. Acquisitions of general obligation bonds by Merrill Lynch; Details on the reoffering of serial bonds to investors; Prices of tax-exempt bonds.
- BONDS--GOVERNMENT AND MUNICIPAL. // Banking;Jul68, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p14
Presents news on issues related to government and municipal bonds in the U.S. as of July 1968. Yields on government securities; Conclusions on the yields on government securities; Variations in the length of decline in the bonds.
- Despite September Gains, Muni Funds' 3Q Stays Negative. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/3/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32003, p6
The article provides information on the financial condition of the municipal bond mutual funds in the third quarter. Municipal bond mutual funds reversed course in September 2004, with a net inflow of 90 million dollars. While the third quarter showed a net loss, municipal bond funds showed a...
- Muni Yields Fall 5 Basis Points; California Prices $1.8B Ran Deal. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;10/23/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31746, p2
Reports on the extension of the municipal bond gains in the U.S. as of October 22, 2003. Decline in stocks for corporate earnings; Stability of the equity market; Expectations of robust growth of timing of possible monetary policy.
- P&C Companies Posted $6.4 Billion of Income in First Quarter. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;6/25/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31664, p6
Property and casualty insurance company profitability increased during the first quarter, as net income after taxes rose 20.6% over the first three months of 2002 to $6.4 billion. The first quarter results were driven by improved underwriting results and an increase in net investment gains,...
- Primary Market Grabs Spotlight As Municipal Bonds Finish Mixed. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;10/27/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31998, p2
The article reports that Municipal bonds finished mixed yesterday as secondary trading took a backseat to the primary market, where underwriters priced the largest deal of the week, $ 1.88 billion of New York City Sales and Tax Asset Receivable Corp. revenue bonds. While underwriters bumped...