- N.Y. judge upholds Eastern permit denial. // Waste News;01/18/99, Vol. 4 Issue 36, p21
States that a New York state judge has upheld the state's decision to deny a permit for Eastern Environmental Services Inc.'s Morgan Avenue waste transfer station.
- Eastern buys 5 more firms. Brown, Bob // Waste News;11/30/98, Vol. 4 Issue 29, p3
Reports on Eastern Environmental Services Inc.'s purchase of five more firms to further increase its base in New Jersey, Florida, New York and Pennsylvania. States' efforts to block the merger between Eastern and Waste Management Inc.
- Eastern Six sue WMI. Gynn, Ann M. // Waste News;02/21/2000, Vol. 5 Issue 40, p1
Reports on the lawsuit brought by six former executives of Eastern Environmental Services Inc. against Waste Management Inc. (WMI). Demand on WMI to pay for the executives' defense against allegations that they inflated Eastern's value before the company was sold; Inclusion of claimed provision...
- Goliath rises, takes action. // Waste News;01/17/2000, Vol. 5 Issue 35, p8
Editorial. Comments on the lawsuits involving Waste Management Inc. Controversy concerning the company's 1998 purchase of Eastern Environmental Services Inc.; Company's inquiry into its former executives' business dealings.
- Judge sets merger trial date. // Waste News;12/07/98, Vol. 4 Issue 30, p23
Reports on the trial date set by the New York City, New York district court judge Frederick Block for the case filed by the Justice Department blocking the merger of Waste Management Inc. and Eastern Environmental Services Inc.
- At deadline. // Waste News;09/06/99, Vol. 5 Issue 17, p1
Compiles waste management industry news in the United States recent to September 6, 1999. Includes delistment of Envirosource Inc. from the Nasdaq stock exchange; 1999 first and second quarter financial performance of Med/Waste Inc.
- News briefs. // World Wastes;Dec98, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p8
Reports on developments related to refuse disposal industry in the United States as of December 1998. Includes Eastern Environmental Services Inc.'s acquisition of Savino Cos.; Acquisitions of Superior Services Inc.; Contract of International Rubbish Service.
- Earnings. // Waste News;11/24/97, Vol. 3 Issue 28, p14
Lists the earnings of waste management companies in fiscal years 1997 and 1996. American Waste Services Incorporated; Eastern Environmental Services Incorporated; Stericycle Incorporated.
- Eastern buys Atlantic Waste. // Waste News;08/03/98, Vol. 4 Issue 12, p6
Focuses on the completion of the acquisition of Atlantic Waste Disposal Inc. by Eastern Environmental Services Inc. Benefits of the purchase to Eastern; How the facility will operate under the acquisition.