New use for old tires
- RFID system cuts time to locate items. // IIE Solutions;Nov2001, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p15
Focuses on the Long-Range Semi-Passive Radio Frequency Identification system developed by researchers at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) of the United States Department of Energy. Spin-off company of PNNL to commercialize and market the system; Features of semi-passive radio...
- Study: Green Federal Buildings Cheaper to Maintain. Penny, Janelle; Morton, Jennie // Buildings;Feb2012, Vol. 106 Issue 2, p8
The article presents a study on maintenance of green federal buildings in seven administrative regions of the General Services Administration (GSA) commissioned to the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) of the U.S. Department of Energy.
- DOE funds cleanup R&D. // Chemical Week;9/11/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 34, p67
Reports on the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory's receipt of funding from the Department of Energy for research into remediation technologies. Specific programs funded.
- New Chu Policy Surfaces In PNNL Contract Extension. LOBSENZ, GEORGE // Energy Daily;8/29/2011, Issue 165, p2
The article reports on the decision of U.S. Energy Secretary Steven Chu to extend the Battelle contract to operate the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) in Richland, Washington for five years as disclosed by PNNL director Michael Kluse on August 18, 2011. The Department of Energy...
- AWARDS. // Spectroscopy;Apr2004, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p13
Reports on the award given to the U.S. Department of Energy's Pacific Northwest National Laboratory from the Federal Laboratory Consortium. Award; Basis of the award; Purpose of the recognition for the company.
- Climate model may help farmers know what to grow. Watts, Hilary // High Country News;4/18/2005, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p6
Reports that a climate model adapted from a West-wide model developed by the U.S. Department of Energy may help farmers in the Yakima Valley, Washington State. Overview of the original model refined by Michael J. Scott, a natural resources economist at the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory...
- energy ADVISOR. WARREN, WILLARD L. // Lighting Design & Application;Dec2010, Vol. 40 Issue 12, p18
The article reports on the opposing views on the efficiency of light emitting diode (LED) luminaires and high-pressure sodium (HPS) lighting between the National Lighting Products Information Program (NLPIP) of the Lighting Research Center (LRC) and the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory...
- ENERGY TRENDS. // Advanced Materials & Processes;Sep2009, Vol. 167 Issue 9, p17
The article offers updates related to the energy trends in the U.S. It noted the moves of the scientists from the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory of Department of Energy in determining the method in capturing significant heat from low-temperature in Washington. It also mentions the 8.2...
- IsoRay and PNNL team up to manufacture prostate cancer treatment. // PharmaWatch: Cancer;June 2004, Vol. 3 Issue 6, p11
Highlights the partnership formed by IsoRay and Pacific Northwest National Laboratories and the U.S. Department of Energy to collaborate in the manufacture of Cesium-131 brachytherapy for the treatment of prostate cancer and other malignant disease.