- BUSINESS BRIEFS. // Waste Age;Apr2001, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p40
Presents developments related to the United States waste disposal industry as of April 2001. Dedication of a fleet of flat bed trucks by Covenant Transport to transport products for SI Geosolutions; Award received by American Ref-Fuel Co.; Settlement of litigation between Waste Control...
- Allied sells interest in American Ref-Fuel. McMullen, Cheryl A. // Waste News;05/14/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p12
Reports on Allied Waste Industries Inc.'s completion of the sale of its interests in three American Ref-Fuel operations to American Ref-Fuel Co. LLC, to comply with requirements pertaining to its purchase of Browning-Ferris Industries Inc. Allied Waste's modification of the ownership of the...
- Acquisition. // World Wastes;Nov98, Vol. 41 Issue 11, p7
Focuses on the several acquisitions of Roseville, California-based waste management firm Waste Connections Inc.
- Calif. company adds 14. Brown, Bob // Waste News;04/12/99, Vol. 4 Issue 48, p3
Discusses Waste Connections Inc.'s major acquisitions that strengthen its position in the United States trash industry. Firms and properties acquired during the first quarter of 1999; Impact of the Finley Buttes landfill and transfer station operator Columbia Resources Corp. to the development...
- Tuck-in time. Brown, Bob // Waste News;12/21/98, Vol. 4 Issue 32, p3
Highlights the acquisition activities of Waste Connections Inc. in 1998. Company's acquisition of nine hauling companies and a Nebraska landfill; Annual revenues generated by the tuck-in operations in California, Idaho, Kansas, Nebraska and Oregon; Company's total revenue for the year.
- Waste Connections Inc. acquires second Madera business. D'Ambrosio, Michele // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;10/05/98, Issue 322364, p3
Reports on Waste Connections Inc.'s acquisition of Youngclaus Enterprises, a waste hauling operation in Madera County, California. Waste Connection's other acquisition in the area; Target of the company's acquisition activity; Terms of the agreement.
- Growth spurt. Brown, Bob // Waste News;07/12/99, Vol. 5 Issue 9, p7
Reports on the increase of the revenue profits of Waste Connections Inc. Success of practice of purchasing smaller companies and building individual markets; Salina Waste Systems Inc.; Purchase of three companies that operate landfills; Purchase of garbage collection operation from Republic...
- Western rollup race takes shape. Brown, Bob // Waste News;09/13/99, Vol. 5 Issue 18, p1
Reports on the competition among waste haulers led by Waste Connections Inc. in the United States. Formation of Horizon Waste Services Inc.; Key factors that feed on the competition; Waste Connections' dismissal of threats posed by Horizon.
- Broad brush. // Waste News;12/13/99, Vol. 5 Issue 31, p8
Editorial. Comments on the decline in the stock price of waste hauler Waste Connections Inc. Reaction of the company; Citing of similar situation encountered by national waste haulers Waste Management Inc., Allied Waste Services Inc. and Republic Services Inc.