- Better Than Expected. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;11/8/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31261, p35
Forecasts economic condition of West Virginia after the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks in Manhattan, New York. Impact of a national recession on economy; Effect of economic recession on business cycles.
- NEW YORK: Terror Costs. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;11/5/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31258, p39
Presents a report issued by the New York City Council Speaker Peter Vallone and Finance Committee chairman Herbert Berman detailing the economic impact of September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks. Projected budget gap for the year 2001; Expected job loss in 2001; Grants to be provided to the City...
- 9-11: ONE YEAR OF EMPIRE BUILDING. Petras, James // Canadian Dimension;Nov/Dec2002, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p37
Discusses changes in different realms of society and economic sectors of the United States after the September 11. 2001 terrorist attacks. Lessons learnt by state planners from the empire building by former U.S. President George Bush following the Gulf War in 1991; Military strategies and...
- Renewing focus after 9/11. // Pensions & Investments;9/5/2011, Vol. 39 Issue 18, p10
The article discusses how the catastrophic destruction of September 11, 2001 in the U.S. has affected the pension funds and their beneficiaries.
- TOURISM IN THE REGION: DOWN BUT NOT OUT? // Middle East Business Intelligence;6/5/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p6
Reports on the decline of the tourism industry in the Middle East after the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States. Status of the tourism industry in the region before the terrorist attacks; Airlines that have stopped flights to Cairo, Egypt.
- Reevaluations. Hamburg, Lisa // Circuits Assembly;Nov2001, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p7
Editorial. Comments on impact of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the U.S. electronics industry. Perpetuation of fears from spreading smallpox and anthrax; Decline in boo-to-bill ratio of electronic industries; Possible measures taken by the government to improve the financial...
- Cities Fear Security Costs. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;10/29/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31253, p1
Reports on an urge for addition in security costs for airports and other vulnerable infrastructure that were triggered by the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks to U.S. President George W. Bush's administration. Estimated cost for maintenance of security; Effect of increase in security cost...
- Trends in the Region:Amid Swirling Economy, Vermont Keeps Its Head Above Water. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/29/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31253, p40
Reports on impact of September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on economy of Vermont. Sale of multi-million dollar in general obligation bonds; Significant increase in umemployment; Confrontations involved in budget; Decline in revenues for the first quarter of the year 2002.
- Sales Tax Slump. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;11/1/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31256, p51
Reports on the decline of the state revenue of Georgia as of September 2001. Rate of decline; Influence of the September 11 terrorist attacks on the decline; Citations of the major sources of revenues.