N.Y. MTA Enjoying Recent Bond Upgrades
- N. Y. MTA Accelerates $500M Deal. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;4/22/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31619, p1
New York's Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) is moving up the sale of $500 million in revenue bonds to the week of May 5, 2003 from this summer in order to lock in interest rates that it expects could rise. The authority might also price a forward swap on $500 million in new-money...
- N.Y. MTA Nears End Of Giant Refinancing. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;10/28/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31500, p3
Reports on the plan of New York's Metropolitan Transportation Authority to complete its multi-billion refinancing late in November 2002 after selling its refunding bonds.
- N.Y. MTA to Sell Up to $650 Million in Three Deals by Year's End. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;9/28/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32227, p3
No abstract available.
- Houston council to vote on eliminating MTA transfers. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;06/28/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30671, p3
Reports that the Houston City Council will vote on a complete phase-out of its annual $50 million transfer from the Metropolitan Transit Authority. Payment for the improvement to the streets of Houston, Texas; Sustainability of the funding.
- Utah Transit Mulling $895M GO Election for Light-Rail Lines. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/28/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32370, p48
The article reports on the plan of the Utah Transit Authority to place an $895 million general obligation bond proposal on the November 2005 ballot to speed up construction of four light-rail lines. The Salt Lake County Council has said it expects to approve the authority's request for the...
- Los Angeles MTA Plans to Sell S200M of Auction-Rate Debt. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;9/7/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31963, p1
The article reports that, the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) plans to issue $200 million of auction-rate debt on September 15. The negotiated deal would refund fixed-rate debt issued by the agency in 1996 to construct its headquarters tower next to Los Angeles...
- New York City to Seek Extension For Special Refunding Authority. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;12/24/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31788, p1
Reports that New York City will seek congressional approval for an extension of a program in the Liberty zone economic stimulus package. Overview of the program; Permit given to the city's Municipal Water Finance Authority and the state's Metropolitan Transportation Authority to do a second...
- MIDSEST Bond-Watch. Shields, Yvette; Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/19/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31596, p27
Presents information on bond market in the Middlewest. The Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) in Chicago, Illinois has received an A rating from ratings agency Standard & Poor's Corp. during the 3rd week of March 2003 on its 100 million dollar revenue bond sale, which will finance construction of a...
- Albuquerque Council May Put Streetcar Bonds Before Voters. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;11/22/2006, Vol. 352 Issue 32514, p3
The article reports on the plan of a faction on the Albuquerque City Council to issue $200 million of revenue bonds to finance a new streetcar system which may be put before voters. The said legislation that was introduced at Monday's council session was supported by a 0.25% gross receipts tax....