Senate Passes 2002 Spending Bill for Washington, D.C
- The apportionment of `direct taxes': Are consumption taxes constitutional? Jensen, Erik M. // Columbia Law Review;Dec97, Vol. 97 Issue 8, p2334
Opinion. Examines several proposed national consumption taxes in the United States (US) in order to determine if they comply with the Constitution. Reference to the debates about consumption taxes; Information on the laws governing taxes in the Constitution; Comparison of direct and indirect...
- The Fair Tax -- At least worth a debate? DAVIS, LANNY // Hill;3/3/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 27, p18
In this article, the author comments on the controversy surrounding the Fair Tax plan and cites the essentials which proponents claim the national consumption tax would bring to the American public in 2011.
- Awaiting High Court Action, Little Rock OKs Budget With Illegal Tax Intact. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/18/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31784, p6
Reports the spending plan approved by the Little Rock board of directors for the 2004 in Arkansas. Emphasis on city use tax ruled illegal by the Pulaski County judge; Amount of the spending plan; Inclusion of illegal tax intact.
- Arrogant proposal is unconstitutional. Byrd, Robert C. // Hill;6/18/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 70, p21
The author reflects on the legislation of the Reduce Unnecessary Spending Act in the U.S. which was proposed by the country's President Barack Obama.
- Essex County passes sales tax resolution. Brown, Nathan // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;6/22/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 146, p10
The article reports on the passage of a resolution by the Essex County Board of Supervisors asking the state of New York to pass a law that will enhance its sales tax to eight percent on June 21, 2010.
- Plotting 2002 Tax Strategies. Klott, Gary // On Wall Street;Jun2002, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p76
Deals with the steps in filing tax returns for 2002 in accordance to the U.S. Tax Relief Act of 2001. Use of the flexible spending arrangements for expenses; Assessment of retirement plan contributions; Suggestion on interest investment management; Management of credit card finance charges.
- Interim Regulations of the People's Republic of China on Consumption Tax. // China Business Laws & Regulations;2005, p374
A chapter of the book "China Business Laws & Regulations" is presented. It offers an overview of interim regulations on consumption tax in China. Article 1 defines all units and individuals engaged in the production, the subcontracting for processing or the importation of taxable consumer goods...
- Legislation has big food chains reeling. KESZTHELYI, CHRISTIAN; VÉGH, ZSÓFIA // Budapest Business Journal;11/28/2014, Vol. 22 Issue 22, p13
The article details the impact on big food chains and firms with fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) of the new tax law passed in Hungary on November 18, 2014. Topics covered include one percent tax on revenues as supervision fee for companies earning 500 million Hungarian forint (HUF) and six...
- Cigarette Prices and Smoking Prevalence After a Tobacco Tax Increase -- Turkey, 2008 and 2012. Kostova, Deliana; Andes, Linda; Erguder, Toker; Yurekli, Ayda; Keskinkılıç, Bekir; Polat, Sertaç; Çulha, Gönül; Kilinç, Evin Aras; Taştı, Enver; Erşahin, Yılmaz; Özmen, Mehmet; San, Ramazan; Özcebe, Hilal; Bilir, Nazmi; Asma, Samira // MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report;5/30/2014, Vol. 63 Issue 21, p457
The article focuses on the decline in tobacco consumption following an increase in prices of cigarette in Turkey in 2008 and 2012. Topics discussed include the introduction of a policy raising the special consumption tax on tobacco, the percentage increase in the average price paid for...