The Risky Business of Arctic Drilling
- RESISTANCE TO ARCTIC DRILLING THAWS. Gale, Sarah Fister // PM Network;Sep2012, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p8
The article focuses on plans for expanded oil drilling in the Arctic Ocean and opposition to those plans by conservation groups. It states U.S. President Barack Obama unveiled a five-year plan in June 2012 to open more of the Arctic Ocean to drilling with targeted leases for drilling projects...
- Offshore. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Nov2010, Vol. 237 Issue 11, p76
The article offers information on offshore drilling. Shell Co. has decided to pursue its Mars B deepwater development plan in the Gulf of Mexico. Engineers of Herrenknecht Vertical GmbH and Swift Drilling BV have developed the Terra Invader 250CL drilling rig to carry out workover operations or...
- Shell backs GOP plan to advance offshore permits. Geman, Ben // Hill;4/14/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 52, p14
The article reports on the initiative of the oil firm Royal Dutch Shell PLC to support the efforts of the Republican party to hasten the advancement of offshore permits in the U.S.
- Mysteries of the deep. // New Scientist;8/26/95, Vol. 147 Issue 1992, p3
Editorial. Comments on the dispute between Shell and Greenpeace over disposal the disposal of the oil storage rig Brent Spar in Western Scotland ocean; Need for research on deep oceans; Background and details of the debate.
- Storm warning over Brent Spar. Pearce, Fred // New Scientist;8/26/95, Vol. 147 Issue 1992, p4
Reports about the dispute between environment group Greenpeace and Shell over the disposal of the Brent Spar oil platform in the deep waters off Scotland. Errors in environmental assessment made in a Shell report over oil platform disposal in North Feni Ridge, North Atlantic ocean; Likely...
- No need to panic, melting ice means more oil. Sands, Carlo // Green Left Weekly;8/8/2012, Issue 932, p5
The article that Royal Dutch Shell PLC is confident about drilling for oilin the Arctic region in 2012 despite facing issues such as melting ice.
- NORTHERN EXPOSURE. Saha, Purbita // Audubon;Jul/Aug2015, Vol. 117 Issue 4, p19
The author focuses on the offshore drilling to be made by oil company Shell at the Chukchi Sea off northwestern Alaska in summer 2015.
- Royal Dutch Shell. ORR, VANESSA // Alaska Business Monthly;Nov2012, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p54
The article offers information about Royal Dutch Shell PLC located in Alaska. It informs the company-s plan to drill for oil from offshore drilling rigs in Beaufort and Chukchi seas. Article also informs that before starting the drill, the company-s oil spill containment barge must be certified...
- Shell pauses its Arctic drilling effort after a series of problems. Geman, Ben // Hill;2/28/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 22, p12
The article reports on the statement of Royal Dutch Shell regarding the cancellation of its drilling efforts in the Arctic waters off Alaska in 2013, following a series of problems encountered in 2012.