Zurich: $2 Billion Loss, 4,500 Staff Cuts
- Zurich expects loss for 2001. // Business Insurance;12/24/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 52, p2
Reports on the expected loss of Zurich Financial Services Group. Estimation of forecasted loss; Factors contributing to the decline in net income.
- NEWSWATCH. // Money Marketing;3/14/2002, p3
Presents news briefs on fund management in Great Britain as of March 2002. Effort of Great Britain Treasury to clarify industry confusion on life offices' salesforces and other appointed representatives; Details on the IFA UK roadshow; Net loss posted by Zurich Financial Services Group in 2001.
- Major Industry Players Report Q3 Losses. // Asia Insurance Review;Dec2008, p26
The article reports on the losses generated by several global insurance firms in third quarter of 2008. Swiss Reinsurance Co. has incurred a net loss of CHF304 million as well as American International Group (AIG) Inc. with U.S.$24.47 billion. Other firms suffering from losses are Zurich...
- Zurich scraps Asian venture. Goodard, Sarah // Business Insurance;01/19/98, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p21
Reports on the prospective expansion of Zurich Group in Asia. Details on the collaspe of the acquisition talks with Peregrine Investments Holding Limited; Percentage of stock which Zurich has invested in Peregrine; Comments made by Rolf Hueppi, chairman of Zurich.
- Zurich Group reports higher profits for 1996. Howard, Lisa S. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;05/26/97, Vol. 101 Issue 21, p53
Announces that the Zurich Group's profits experienced a sharp increase for the year 1996. Statistical information on the increase; Comparison of the 1996 profits to 1995; Factor which contributed to the increase; Details on the financial aspects of the company.
- Deal strengthens Zurich. Unsworth, Edwin // Business Insurance;10/20/97, Vol. 31 Issue 42, p1
States that the Zurich Insurance Group's efforts to expand its financial services in the United States is seen as the catalyst for the group's merger with British American Financial Services. Name which the business will be called; Expectations for the start of the business; Financial...
- Zurich Group takes over Scudder, Stevens & Clark. // American Banker;1/5/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 2, p18
Reports on the completion of the acquisition of a majority stake in Scudder, Stevens & Clark Incorporated, by Zurich Group. Aims of the merger; Details on the acquisition.
- Zurich announces personnel changes. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;05/11/98, Vol. 102 Issue 19, p17
Informs about the personnel changes in the Zurich Group. Departure of Steven M. Gluckstern and Laurence W. Cheng from the executive board; Appointment of Gluckstern and Cheng to the investment firm Capital Z Partners; Changes at Zurich's corporate executive board level which affect Dirk Lohmann...
- Zurich reorganizes units. // Business Insurance;09/15/97, Vol. 31 Issue 37, p74
Announces the reorganization of two United States divisions of Zurich Group. Basis of the reorganization; Details on the formation of Zurich Reinsurance (North America); Services offered by the company.