Chimpanzee genetic map
- Assessing the Role of Tandem Repeats in Shaping the Genomic Architecture of Great Apes. Farré, Marta; Bosch, Montserrat; López-Giráldez, Francesc; Ponsà, Montserrat; Ruiz-Herrera, Aurora // PLoS ONE;2011, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p1
Background: Ancestral reconstructions of mammalian genomes have revealed that evolutionary breakpoint regions are clustered in regions that are more prone to break and reorganize. What is still unclear to evolutionary biologists is whether these regions are physically unstable due solely to...
- The chimpanzee genome. Gunter, Chris; Dhand, Ritu // Nature;9/1/2005, Vol. 437 Issue 7055, p47
Introduces the special section of volume 437, number 7055, September 2005 issue of the "Nature" journal, to commemorate the genome of the common chimpanzee. Pan troglodytes. Resource for more than just genomics; Timeline that charts the history of the chimp; Progress pieces that review recent...
- Help From Chimps. // Scholastic News -- Edition 4;1/12/2004, Vol. 66 Issue 13, p3
Announces that scientists recently completed a chimpanzee gene map. Significance of gene mapping; Reason chimps were used in the research.
- Chromosomal Inversions between Human and Chimpanzee Lineages Caused by Retrotransposons. Jungnam Lee; Kyudong Han; Thomas J. Meyer; Heui-Soo Kim; Batzer, Mark A. // PLoS ONE;2008, Vol. 3 Issue 12, p1
The long interspersed element-1 (LINE-1 or L1) and Alu elements are the most abundant mobile elements comprising 21% and 11% of the human genome, respectively. Since the divergence of human and chimpanzee lineages, these elements have vigorously created chromosomal rearrangements causing genomic...
- Announcements. // Mammalian Genome;Apr2003, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p289
The article presents an announcement by International Mammalian Genome Society.
- Editorial. Brown, Steve D.; Nadeau, Joe; Bucan, Maja // Mammalian Genome;Jan2008, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p1
An introduction to the January 2008 issue of "Mammalian Genome" is presented.
- Artificial Selection, Rapid Evolution. // Dog World;May2010, Vol. 95 Issue 5, p5
The article discusses research on artificial selection in the dog genome, published in the January 19, 2010 issue of the "Proceedings of the National Academy of Science."
- Of Mice and Gen. // Environmental Health Perspectives;Dec2002, Vol. 110 Issue 12, pA 743
Reports on an advanced draft of the mouse genome made publicly available in May 2002 by the Mouse Genome Sequencing Consortium. Partial funding by the U.S. National Institutes of Health; Importance of the mouse genome to the human genome.
- The 20th International Mammalian Genome Conference Meeting Report. Hurd, Elizabeth A.; Martin, Donna // Mammalian Genome;Mar2007, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p145
The article offers information on the 20th International Mammalian Genome Conference that was held at the Francis Marion Hotel in Charleston, South Carolina on November 12-15, 2006.