Embracing social business design
- The war is on. Ferre, James // Caribbean Business;11/10/2011, Vol. 39 Issue 44, p8
The article offers information on the Google+, a social networking site that aims to challenge the leading social network which is Facebook.
- Just in � poll result. // Campaign Asia-Pacific;Sep2011, p4
The article presents the findings of an online opinion poll on the comparison of Google+ with Facebook as the marketer's social network of choice.
- Zoning Laws: Facebook and Google+. Ruch, Adam; Collins, Steve // M/C Journal;2011, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p2
The article focuses on the progress made by online social network Facebook, as well as the evolution of lists as a filtering mechanism representing one's social zones within the site. It also refers to Google Inc.'s newly launched social networking service Google+ which includes "circles" as a...
- New Year, New Virtual You. Miller, Farah // O, The Oprah Magazine;Jan2010, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p34
The article offers suggestions for creating an online profile or updating the existing one on the social networking sites. It states that while creating a profile, relevant information such as the company or the hometown should be included along with the name, and a link with sensitive private...
- Will the Overseas Expansion of Facebook Succeed? Wan, Yun; Kumar, Vaishali; Bukhari, Amina // IEEE Internet Computing;May-Jun2008, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p69
Social networking sites (SNSs) are becoming mainstream and are spreading worldwide. Here, the authors review Facebook and Orkut, two major SNSs, and analyze a recent survey conducted among Indian and Pakistani Orkut users. They aim to investigate Orkut users' experiences with Facebook, which has...
- Is the search over for first real challenger to Google? Nutley, Michael // Marketing Week (01419285);3/18/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p14
The article discusses how the advances in monetizing social networks can affect Google as search become very expensive in Great Britain. It says that the building blocks of a challenge to the unassailable position of Google in the country have been put into place by Facebook. According to the...
- Clicks. // Television Week;11/5/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 41, p4
The article reports on a Google-led initiative called Open Social which aims to establish applications for social networking sites that will compete with Facebook. It notes that the market share of Internet visits for the primary sites in Open Social was 5 times higher compared with Facebook for...
- GOOGLE+ vs FACEBOOK. Azzi, Mary // APC;Sep2011, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p20
The article reviews two social networking websites including Facebook Inc. and Google + from Google Inc.
- It's Not Your Data Now. Lyons, Daniel // Newsweek (Atlantic Edition);11/29/2010, Vol. 156 Issue 22, p1
The article discusses issues related to ownership of online data. It states that Facebook does not allow the export of other people's data. Google has declared that it would restrict exports of its data to services that does not reciprocate. According to the article, Google considers Facebook as...