The Selection Process And the Appointment Of Arbitrators
- AT THE 2ND EMPLOYMENT CONCLAVE: Update, Debate, and More. // Dispute Resolution Journal;Feb-Apr2000, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p6
Reports on the American Arbitration Association's second National Employment Conclave in San Francisco, California in 1999. Developments and advancement in the law and practice of workplace alternative dispute resolution (ADR); Information on the employment ADR programs; Highlights of the conclave.
- Up for arbitration. Brotherton, Phaedra // Black Enterprise;Jan1999, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p39
Focuses on the availability of an alternative dispute resolution (ADR) program as an option in solving workplace conflicts in the United States. Benefits of ADR; Increase in the number of employment cases filed with the American Arbitration Association, a nonprofit organization; Mediation and...
- Connecticut Moves Ahead on ADR. // Dispute Resolution Journal;Jan1995, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p4
Reports that the US District Court in Connecticut named the American Arbitration Association (AAA) as a court-annexed provider of alternative dispute resolution (ADR) services. Expense and delay reduction plan for civil cases; Information on Public Act 94113.
- Council importers examine dispute resolution. // China Business Review;Jan/Feb93, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p56
Focuses on the US-China Business Council's Import Commission's meeting in New York to discuss the contract disputes in China. Details of American Arbitration Association's agreement with the Beijing Conciliation Center; Reason for the tendency of American companies to avoid arbitration...
- Putting the Focus on the Customer. Slate II, William K. // Dispute Resolution Journal;Nov2008-Jan2009, Vol. 63 Issue 4, p1
This article discusses the goals of the American Arbitration Association (AAA) for 2009 and notes that the organization has developed a Diverse Media Bureau to improve its alternative dispute resolution (ADR) services.
- Detailed Comments Within. Slate II, William K. // Dispute Resolution Journal;May-Jul2011, Vol. 66 Issue 2, p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various topics within the issue including the existing state of the American Arbitration Association (AAA) and the alternative dispute resolution (ADR), and an interview on the how AAA boost the scope and vision of its commitment.
- MASS CLAIMS: Alternatives to Litigation. // Dispute Resolution Journal;Feb98, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p8
Presents information on the term `mass torts,' according to recommendations from the American Arbitration Association's (AAA) Task Force on Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) and Mass Torts. Two mass proceedings the term is often used to describe; Information on ADR.
- Brokerage Firms Select AAA. // Arbitration Journal;Jun91, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p3
Reports on a pilot program in which five U.S. brokerage firms may allow customers to use the American Arbitration Association (AAA) for resolving customer disputes. Brokerage firms participating in pilot program; Customers' use of AAA on case-to-case basis.
- American Arbitration Association releases national set of recommendations for resolving mass... // Insurance Advocate;04/05/97, Vol. 108 Issue 14, p23
Reports on American Arbitration Association's (AAA) release of a national set of recommendations for resolving mass torts and mass claim disputes through alternative dispute resolution. Impact of the growth of mass torts on the civil justice system; Recommendation of the involvement of insurance...