DMA (UK) and Icstis challenge Information Commissioner over SMA legality
- FCC sees the light on IM. Krauss, Jeffrey // CED;Oct2003, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p66
Comments on the lifting of a ban made by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission on the Instant Messaging (IM) service of America Online (AOL) Inc. in the U.S. Reasons for the cancellation of the ban imposed on AOL; Two instances wherein when they happen, the FCC will lift the prohibition...
- AT&T to bolster PersonaLink with wireless access, new Magic Cap. // PC Week;3/13/95, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p3
Reports on AT&T's plan to enhance PersonaLink next quarter with support for wireless access and online shopping.
- Icstis warns of seasonal increase in SMS scams. // New Media Age;11/28/2002, p4
Deals with the warning by Icstis company on the possible increase in short message service (SMS) scams Great Britain in December 2002. Significance of the consumer education drive initiated by the company with the Citizen's Advice Bureau; Advice on what consumers can do regarding SMS scams.
- DMA (UK) scraps councils in organisational shake-up. Rosser, Michael // Precision Marketing;11/8/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p1
Reports that DMA (UK) is poised to embark on its first major restructure since its launch in 1992 in a bid to deliver value in a harsh economic climate. Elimination of its 12 councils; Election of a single council composed of 15 people who will oversee and drive forward initiatives;...
- Icstis reviews service after mobile and iTV query surge. // New Media Age;11/21/2002, p5
Focuses on the plan of premium-rate regulator Icstis to overhaul its business following the growth of iTV and SMS. Other plans of the company; Comments from Paul Whiteing, deputy director at Icstis.
- openers. Budman, Matthew // Conference Board Review;Nov/Dec2008, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p3
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Jim Krohe on getting distracted in the workplace due to instant messages and phone calls and another titled "Think Horizontal" on how teams can be key to solving business problems quickly and responsibly.
- CHaRT smaRT. // Weekly Reader News - Edition 4;4/29/2005, Vol. 86 Issue 24, p8
Presents chart and a quiz on the capability of adults to recognize language used in instant messaging by children.
- NWSEND 4.5 UNVEILED FOR NOVELL NETWORK USERS. // GUI Program News;Dec2003, Vol. 14 Issue 11, pN.PAG
Reviews version 4.5 of the NWSend instant messaging software from Novell NetWare.
- Taming the Wild Frontiers of Instant Messaging. Bruno, Mark // Bank Technology News;Dec2002, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p30
Focuses on the significance of instant messaging programs in the business industry. Way of allowing individuals or groups of people to have real time conversations and information exchanges over electronic channels; Improvement of the communication system; Number of banks and financial...