'Now Is The Time To Push'-Publishers Step Up Battle Against Book Counterfeiters Overseas
- Why I'm leaving Congress. Schroeder, Patricia // Glamour;Feb96, Vol. 94 Issue 2, p106
Opinion. Presents the author's reasons for retiring from the United States House of Representatives in November 1995. Achievements in 1995; Professional background; Future activities; Opportunity for younger people to serve the public.
- Should the House Pass H.R. 988, H.R. 1058, and H.R. 956, Legal Reform Legislation? CON. Schroeder, Patricia // Congressional Digest;May95, Vol. 74 Issue 5, p155
Presents Representative Patricia Schroeder's opinion against the passage of H.R. 956, the Common Sense Legal Standards Reform Act of 1995.
- Journal and Rep. Pat Schroeder rescue Runit rad dump. // Earth Island Journal;Spring92, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p14
Reports on the results of the investigation conducted by Representative Patricia Shroeder, co-chair of Women's Congressional Caucus and member of the House Armed Services Committee, about the largest radioactive waste dump in Runit Island designed to resemble a gigantic breast. Removal of the...
- Schroeder asked to reconsider. Malcolm, Teresa // National Catholic Reporter;5/10/96, Vol. 32 Issue 28, p6
Reports that Bishop Anthony M. Pilla, head of the US Bishops' conference, has urged US Representative Patricia Schroeder to drop her opposition to a legislation that would have banned partial-birth abortions. Lack of medically accepted use for partial-birth abortions; Nature of the abortion...
- Every vote counts. // Billboard;5/25/96, Vol. 108 Issue 21, p101
Presents a photograph of United States congresswoman Patricia Schroeder with executives from Sony Music Entertainment.
- around THE LIBRARY. // Library of Congress Magazine;Sep/Oct2014, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p24
Several photographs highlighting special events held at the Library of Congress in Washington, D.C. as of September 2014 are presented including baritone Thomas Hampson, former U.S. Representative Patricia Schroeder, and actress and author Octavia Spencer.
- Follow your conscience, Schroeder advises. Grant, Tarah // Quill;Nov97, Vol. 85 Issue 9, p8
Reports on retired US Representative Patricia Schroeder's advice on journalistic ethics. Remarks made at a keynote speech during the Society of Professional Journalists' (SPJ) 1997 national convention held in Denver, Colorado; Call on journalists to follow their conscience when writing stories;...
- Congress' health plan could become the public's, too. Wolfe, Suzanne // RN;Aug95, Vol. 58 Issue 8, p11
Reports on the health proposal introduced by Colorado Representative Patricia Schroeder. Plans for the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program.
- What's fair game? Goldberg, Beverly // American Libraries;Sep98, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p51
Presents a discussion between Association of American Publishers (AAP) President Patricia Schroeder and American Library Association Executive Board member James Neal on copyright laws in the information age. How fair use of print material differs from fair use of electronic products; What the...