Metro areas gain ground
- let's practise in hull. // Pulse;4/16/2005, Vol. 65 Issue 15, p72
Provides information pertaining to the city of Hull, England. Unemployment rate; Population; Key factors that make Hull different from any other northern city; Famous residents; Local press; Real estate.
- African cities at bursting point. Nevin, Tom // African Business;Feb97, Issue 218, p14
Reports on the population problem faced by Africa's cities. Record growth of the continent's population compounding the problem; Factors attributed to accelerated growth of urban populations in the region; Case example of Lagos, Nigeria; Challenges facing administrators in sustaining the cities'...
- MARY KRAMER: Population loss could be an opportunity. Kramer, Mary // Crain's Detroit Business;8/10/2009, Vol. 25 Issue 31, p9
In this article the author comments on a recent list of "dying" cities published by "Forbes" magazine. She notes that the appearance of Detroit, Michigan on the list is not surprising. She also points out that one of the reasons is due to the shrinking population of the city. The author...
- Key Data. // Maldives Country Review;2009, preceding p1
The article presents the country overview of Maldives which includes population, currency, and largest cities.
- WESTPORT DEMOGRAPHIC PROFILE. // Fairfield County Business Journal;6/17/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 24, p23
No abstract available.
- Big Cities. // New Moon;Jul/Aug2007, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p46
The article lists the five most-populated cities in the world.
- Meeting the Urban Challenge. // Population Reports;Fall2002, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the challenges posed by the rapid growing population in urban areas from around the world. Number of megacities projected by the United Nations by 2015; Projected population growth in each megacity; Concern over the growth of urban poverty.
- An Urban Future. // Population Reports;Fall2002, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p3
Reports on the concern over the rapid growing urban population from around the world. Projected urban population by 2006; Average annual population growth rate; Factors that contribute to population growth.
- PEOPLE. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Venezuela;Oct2007, p2
The article offers information on Venezuelans. Venezuela is ranked as the sixth-most populous country in Latin America, after Brazil, Mexico, Colombia, Argentina and Peru. About 85 percent of its population lives in urban areas in the northern portion of the country, and with only 5 percent...