Costa Mesa, Calif., classroom gets a green makeover
- Breathing easier. // NEA Today;Mar97, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p9
Focuses on the high carbon monoxide levels in classrooms and other air quality problems of schools in Georgia. Reactions of the school system on the problems presented.
- a guide to lowering test scores. Rosenblum, Shelley; Spark, Barbara // Leadership;Sep/Oct2002, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p30
Argues that environmental conditions in a classroom greatly affect educational productivity. Effect of environment on test scores; Indoor air quality; Steps for a healthy classroom environment.
- AIR AWARENESS. Apte, Michael G.; Shendell, Derek G.; Hodgson, Al T. // American School & University;Feb2004, Vol. 76 Issue 6, p42
Discusses several methods and approaches to improve energy efficiency and decrease level of pollutants within relocatable classrooms. Popularity of relocatable classrooms in California; Materials that can be used to manufacture and furnish portable classrooms; Approaches identified by Lawrence...
- Sustainable building authority walks the walk when promoting green products. // Engineered Systems;Jun2008, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p20
The article focuses on the green products campaign of the Campus Center for Appropriate Technology (CCAT). It relates the remodeled live-in demonstration home and educational center for technology and resource conservation conducted by CCAT that focuses on sustainability of a building. Moreover,...
- Charity launches new acoustic toolkit to help deaf students. // Education (14637073);1/18/2008, Issue 296, p3
No abstract available.
- Happier Holidays. // Scholastic Parent & Child;Dec2010/Jan2011, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p41
The article presents questions and answers including teaching children household chores, how to keep classrooms clean and making parents become involve in the efforts of teachers to keep classrooms healthier and cleaner.
- Study Shows Fresh Air Boosts Learning. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;10/9/2006, Vol. 257 Issue 14, p12
The article reports that improved air quality in classrooms boost student learning. This has been found by the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air Conditioning Engineers who studied work speed and errors of children in six identical elementary-school classrooms. Researchers...
- A Green Start to the New Year. // NEA Today;Aug/Sep2009, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p20
The article lists things teachers can do in their classrooms in order to be more environmentally conscious. These include refilling one bottle with filtered water instead of buying plastic water bottles, turning off some classroom lights on sunny days, and relying on donated mugs and metal...
- classroom Plants are beneficial. // Horticulture Week;2/27/2009, p24
The article reports on the beneficial factors of plants inside a classroom. According to a research, people will benefit from being near to plants and from being able to see any kinds of plants near them. It states that a classroom with plants will help prevent bad temperatures, offers higher...