ALTCS mounts `EDI for Books and Serials' on Web site
- ALA Goal 2000. // Emergency Librarian;Sep/Oct95, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p65
Reports on the proposed $25 dues increase on the spring election ballot to support American Library Association (ALA) Goal 2000. Focus on positioning ALA as a major force for the public's right; Expansion of the ALA Washington Office; Strict cost-saving measures.
- (DISABILITIES) Library Assn. Offers Award for Disability Services. // Community Health Funding Week;12/4/2009, p17
The article reports that the American Library Association invites nominations for the 2010 ASCLA/KLAS/NOD Award, sponsored by the Association for Specialized and Cooperative Library Agencies (ASCLA), Keystone Systems, Inc. and the National Organization on Disability (NOD).
- THE SOURCE. Mitchell, Pryse // American Libraries;May77, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p260
Presents news articles concerning libraries and library services published in the May 1977 issue of the periodical 'American Libraries.' Distribution of ballots for the 1977 American Library Association (ALA) elections; List of libraries who submitted Affirmative Action Plans to the Equal...
- An invitation to the ALA archives. Beckel, Deborah; Brichford, Maynard // American Libraries;Feb84, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p108
Focuses on the American Library Association's (ALA) archives at the University of Illinois in Urbana-Champaign. Uses of the ALA archival resources; Diversity of materials contained in the ALA archives; History of the archives.
- OUTSTANDING REFERENCE SOURCES OF 1984. Rosswurm, K.M. // American Libraries;May85, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p289
Lists several books selected by the Reference Sources Committee of the American Library Association and Adult Services Division in the United States. 'The Challenge of Aging: A Bibliography'; 'The Encyclopedia of Mammals'; 'Research Guide to Philosophy.'
- ALA election schedule. // American Libraries;Feb1992, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p188
Announces that individuals who are current personal members of ALA (American Library Association) on March 31, 1992 will receive ballots for the spring election. Obtaining ballots on your own; Election results report schedule; Last day nominations will be accepted.
- September LITA conference exhibits prospectus available. // American Libraries;Feb1992, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p188
Announces that the prospectus for the third national conference of ALA's (American Library Association) Library and Information Technology Association (LITA), scheduled for Sept. 13-17 in Denver, Colorado, is available for prospective exhibitors. Conference topic; What LITA is and does; For more...
- `Freedom to Read' poster available. // American Libraries;Feb1992, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p191
Announces that a new `Freedom to Read' poster is available from the American Library Association's Office for Intelectual Freedom. What the poster includes; When the statement was originally issued; For more information.
- ALA customer service operations centralized. // American Libraries;Feb1992, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p191
Announces that the American Library Association (ALA) has centralized order processing and customer service operations to create a new Customer Services Department. Gerald Hodges named acting director of the new department Dec. 9; Intentions of the move; Effects of the restructuring efforts.
- ALA accreditation continued to seven graduate programs. // American Libraries;Oct92, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p806
Reports that ALA's Committee on Accreditation (COA) recently continued the accreditation, under the 1972 Standards for Accreditation, of seven graduate programs in library education leading to the first professional degree. Included are Master of Library and Information Studies, School of...