Standards for electric rights trading
- The case of the disappearing author. Bald, Margaret // Serials Review;Fall93, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p7
Reports on copyright concerns in electronic publishing. Right of writers to retain electronic media rights; Topics discussed during the 1992 National Writers Union meeting; Book publishing industry's conference on electronic publishing; Control of intellectual property.
- Trends in copyright practices scholarly electronic journals. Pavliscak, Pamela // Serials Review;Fall96, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p39
Highlights the trends in copyright practices of scholarly electronic journals in the United States. Deselection of inactive serials; Implications for scholarly electronic publishing; Implications for national copyright policy; Imminent possibilities for scholarly copyright practices.
- Newsbreak--Tasini Case Final Decision: Authors Win. Ebbinghouse, Carol // Searcher;Sep2001, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p53
Focuses on the decision of the United States Supreme Court on the issue concerning the rights of freelance writers to separate compensation for electronic copies of their work. Facts of the case; Statements issued by electronic publishers regarding the issue; Suggestions for librarians on how...
- Making copyright work in electronic publishing models. Jensen, Mary Brandt // Serials Review;Spring/Summer92, Vol. 18 Issue 1/2, p62
Examines the implementation of copyright in electronic publishing models. Negotiation of an agreement between all interested parties on how to balance the rights of copyright holders with the needs and desires of information consumers in an electronic environment; Need for automatic licensing;...
- Technology giveth... Kost, Robert // Serials Review;Spring/Summer92, Vol. 18 Issue 1/2, p67
Contends that technology can provide mechanisms to implement the sharing model and the justice model in the exercise of copyright in electronic publishing. Notion of property; Notion of common property; Degree to which technology can fully subvert property rights in information; Redistribution...
- Publishers' rights under fire in court. McClintock, Pamela // Daily Variety;03/29/2001, Vol. 271 Issue 22, p2
Reports that the United States Supreme Court has heard arguments from media executives and freelance writers about whether publishers should be forced to secure a freelance writer's permission before reposting an article on electronic databases. Current copyright law covering freelance writers'...
- Electronic Articles: A Battle for Control and Ownership of Content. Ardito, Stephanie C. // Online;May/Jun2000, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p84
Focuses on the battle for control and copyright ownership of articles published on the Internet. Actions taken by Jonathan Tasini, president of the National Writers Union; Reaction of publishers that responded to the PubMed Central system of the National Institutes of Health; Guidelines on...
- America and Europe: Different views on electronic rights. Lottman, Herb // Publishers Weekly;8/15/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 32, p12
Focuses on the conflict between the United States and Europe about the protection of electronic rights for books. Absence of harmonization in copyright laws; American copyright holders' use of their own contract both in selling and acquisition; Europeans' disagreement over the Americans'...
- PixSafe keeps pictures safe--but out of view for most users. McKenzie, Matt // Seybold Report on Internet Publishing;May99, Vol. 3 Issue 9, p27
Features Csafe Ltd.'s PixSafe copyright protection software for Web sites. Applications in electronic publishing; Functions and capabilities.