EFFECT OF POVERTY ON ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF STUDENTS IN NIGERIAN SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS
- EE and sustainable development as a tool in changing the educational system. // Connect: UNESCO International Science, Technology & Environmenta;1998, Vol. 23 Issue 3/4, p17
Studies the change in the secondary level students' education at in the Netherlands. Reasons for the change in the Dutch Educational System; Objectives of the study; Research methodology; Findings.
- A challenging cure for senioritis. // Curriculum Review;Apr2000, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p11
Reports that New Jersey's high schools have offered senior students a chance to take college-level courses in Fairleigh Dickinson University's Middle College Program. Requirements to seniors joining the program; Purpose of the program; Courses offered in the program.
- THE LOST CHILDREN: A MILITARY CONCEPT FOR THE EDUCATIONAL ARENA. McClure, James M. // Education;Fall83, Vol. 104 Issue 1, p38
This article applies the military concept of the enfants perdus, or those who are beyond hope. to the educational setting. It argues that some among the students in a typical high school are beyond helping in any meaningful educational sense and that the only reasonable course of action is to...
- Untitled. // New Yorker;9/6/1958, Vol. 34 Issue 29, p114
An excerpt from the "Cleveland Press" is presented.
- SENIORS FLASH BACK. Thacker, Sheby // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);12/16/2009, Vol. 137 Issue 50, p16A
The author recounts his experiences during his four years in high school in Burnet County, Texas.
- `Students find a sense of belonging'. Thompson, Beth; Erdmann, Abigail // Education Week;4/19/95, Vol. 14 Issue 30, p34
Discusses how a Mass.-based Brookline High School's School-Within-a-School (SWS) program benefited the students. Teachers and students' sharing of power and responsibility; Idea of Town Meetings; Contributions of SWS on students' well-being.
- Fewer States Requiring Students to Pass State High School Exit Exams, Study Finds. // Hispanic Outlook in Higher Education;1/30/2012, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p33
The article details a study which found that as of January 2012, there are only few states that require students to pass state high school exit exams.
- SCHOOLS WITHIN A SCHOOL. MJD, Lee // Atlanta;Jan2004, Vol. 43 Issue 9, Special section p4
The article focuses on the school, Milton High School, Fulton County in Georgia. Fulton County's oldest school, Milton High School in burgeoning Alpharetta, Georgia has 2,650 students. Milton has always been one of Georgia's most successful schools academically. A new $55 million Milton campus...
- Elite school rejects female students. Gibbings, Wesley // New York Amsterdam News;
Reports on a decision by the Queen's Royal College in Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago to reverse its policy admitting female students to the traditional all-male secondary school. School's view that girls created a distraction; Admission of female students in limited numbers beginning in 1989.