Where Medicine and Homophobia Meet: The Case of Prenatal Dexamethasone
- Prenatal treatment of mothers with fetuses at risk for congenital adrenal hyperplasia: How relevant is it to Indian context? Eunice, Marumudi; Ammini, Ariachery C. // Indian Journal of Endocrinology & Metabolism;May/Jun2013, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p373
Management of congenital adrenal hyperplasia (CAH) from embryonic stage to adulthood is a critical challenge. We would like to comment on some of the practical difficulties in offering prenatal treatment for CAH-affected fetuses in Indian population. For initiating the prenatal dexamethasone...
- Dexamethasone. // Reactions Weekly;1/19/2013, Issue 1435, p11
The article describes the case of a 35-year-old man who developed a bipolaris brain abscess during treatment with dexamethasone for neurosarcoidosis.
- Dexamethasone. // Reactions Weekly;6/9/2012, Issue 1405, p15
The article describes the case of a 52-year-old man who experienced recurrent delayed ischaemic stroke after receiving dexamethasone for pneumococcal meningitis.
- Thrombocytosis in congenital adrenal hyperplasia at diagnosis. Gasparini, N.; Franzese, A. // Clinical Pediatrics;May1996, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p267
Reports on the frequency of thrombocytosis in children with congenital adrenal hyperplasia (CAH) or adrenogenital syndrome. Profiles of patients with CAH; Elevation of the blood count in children; Difference of hemoglobin and hematocrit concentrations among patients.
- Dexamethasone/lenalidomide. // Reactions Weekly;6/30/2012, Issue 1408, p14
The article describes the case of a 72-year-old woma who experienced various toxicities after receiving treatment with dexamethasone and lenalidomide for multiple myeloma.
- Dexamethasone/temozolomide. // Reactions Weekly;9/1/2012, Issue 1417, p19
The article describes the case of a 46-year-old man with glioblastoma multiforme who developed chemotherapy-associated steatohepatitis while undergoing temozolomide and dexamethasone therapy.
- Dexamethasone. // Reactions Weekly;1/19/2013, Issue 1435, p12
The article describes the case of a 40-year-old woman who experienced unmasking of central diabetes insipidus during treatment with dexamethasone for secondary adrenal insufficiency.
- Dexamethasone. // Reactions Weekly;Feb2014, Vol. 1489 Issue 1, p15
The article presents a case study of a 79-year old woman who developed a macular hole following injection of an intravitreal dexamethasone implant.
- Amphotericin-b-liposomal/dexamethasone. // Reactions Weekly;1/21/2017, Vol. 1635 Issue 1, p30
An abstract of the article "Disseminated coccidioidomycosis presenting with intramedullary spinal cord abscesses: Management challenges" by K.L. Bajema and others is presented.