CMS announces 27 shared savings enrollees
- ACO plan falls short of mark. // AHA News;6/13/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 12, p4
The article discusses the failure of the U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services' (CMS) proposed measure for the new accountable care organization program to effect clinical integration for Medicare patients and effectively coordinate care.
- Integrated Healthcare Association Recommends Phasing in Accountable Care Organization Performance Measures Included in CMS Shared Savings Program. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;6/9/2011, p385
The article focuses on the recommendation of the Integrated Healthcare Association (IHA) to cut in half the number of proposed performance measures for Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) during the first year of the Medicare Shared Savings Program. It says that though IHA supports Centers for...
- Final ACO rule offers additional incentives. Newman, Elizabeth // McKnight's Long-Term Care News;Dec2011, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p3
The article focuses on the U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services' final rule on Accountable Care Organizations (ACO) which provides more flexibility for eligible providers, increases the amount of possible bonuses, and lowers the number of quality measures.
- Chasing compliance. Taylor, Mark // Modern Healthcare;1/17/2005, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p17
Reports on a study conducted by the U.S. Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) to assess the effectiveness of hospital compliance programs. Reason behind the launch of compliance programs by hospitals in the U.S.; Numbers of members of the Health Care Compliance Association; Comment of...
- RACs gear up for nationwide expansion. // Same-Day Surgery;Sep2008, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p98
The article focuses on the final report on the three-year recovery audit contractor (RAC) demonstration project for hospitals showing that the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has made a lot of important changes in the U.S. INSET: EXECUTIVE SUMMARY.
- Prepare now to reduce risk and consequences of RAC audit. // Hospital Home Health;May2008, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p48
The article reports that the U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has designated the Recovery Audit Contractor (RAC) demonstration project a success and is making plans to expand the program beyond the three states in the demonstration project.
- RAC program scheduled for full implementation in 2010. // Hospital Home Health;May2008, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p50
The article offers information on the Recovery Audit Contractor (RAC) demonstration program of the U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
- CMS rapped on RAC. // AHA News;4/5/2010, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p1
The article reports on the failure of the U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) to take action to prevent improper payments in the Medicare Recovery Audit Contractor (RAC) program, according to a report from the U.S. Government Accountability Office.
- WHAT'S AHEAD) New Medicaid Psychiatric Demo Coming Soon. // Community Health Funding Week;4/29/2011, p2
The article offers information on the tentative timetable for the Medicaid Psychiatric Demonstration program developed by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid of the U.S.