Five Elements of Learning
- Prescriptions for effective leadership. Williams, J. Clifton // Baylor Business Review;Fall1998, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p7
Highlights several recommendations for effective leadership. Job acceptance; Creation of a learning organization; Importance of planning.
- Leadership Characteristics, Social Interest, and Learning Organizations. Knutson, Kimberly A.; Miranda, Alexis O. // Journal of Individual Psychology;Summer2000, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p205
Describes the conceptual connections between the characteristics of the learning organization, its leadership, and social interest. Training of leaders in social interest; Learning organization paradigm; Transformational learning in learning organization.
- From Performance to Presence: The Organic Nature of Learning and Change. Jones, Michael // Reflections;Spring2003, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p31
Presents information on the organic nature of learning and change in leadership. Test of the formal positional authority of leaders when they make choices; Concept of invisible intelligence; Central myths that impede leadership performance.
- Reconciling educational leadership and the learning organization. Dever, John T. // Community College Review;Fall97, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p57
Discusses the applicability of a learning organization developed by Peter Senge to educational leadership. Use of the model for the creation of organizational structures; Rejection of traditional view of leaders; Compatibility of a strong leadership with the model for institutions of higher...
- The Fine Art of Strategic Leadership. // Inc.;May2012, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p8
The article enumerates three things which forward-thinking leaders do better than others according to researcher Paul Schoemaker, namely synthesizing various data before developing a viewpoint, engaging key stakeholders in a dialogue, and encouraging organizational learning through feedback.
- The renaissance manager. Miller, Clifford // Supervision;Feb99, Vol. 60 Issue 2, p6
Focuses on the dimensions of dynamic leadership, structure, vision and supervision. Information on three job applicants who each had mastered one dimension of management; Description of a renaissance manager; Elements of effective management; Evaluating organizational skills; Discussion on...
- A Mid-Life Reflection. Bruce, Bennett // Reflections;Spring2002, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p27
Reflects on the prerequisites of organizational leadership. Description of leadership in terms of service of stewardship; Significance of technical expertise in a manufacturing firm; Theories of organizational learning.
- The Learning You Need Now. Weathersby, George B. // Management Review;Oct99, Vol. 88 Issue 9, p7
Focuses on the organizational learning needed for companies as a strategy for business success. How does a business learn; Information a business model; Role of leadership training programs for employees and executives.
- THREE SIDES OF THE SAME COIN. D. P. // Quality Progress;Jul2010, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p21
The article presents an analysis concerning the relationship among leadership, organizational learning, and quality systems.