Five Elements of Learning
- Leadership Characteristics, Social Interest, and Learning Organizations. Knutson, Kimberly A.; Miranda, Alexis O. // Journal of Individual Psychology;Summer2000, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p205
Describes the conceptual connections between the characteristics of the learning organization, its leadership, and social interest. Training of leaders in social interest; Learning organization paradigm; Transformational learning in learning organization.
- From the Editor. Vogelsang, John // OD Practitioner;Summer2009, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p1
The article discusses various article published within the issue, including one by Claudy Jules which describes how practitioners coaches leaders, one by Gervase Bushe which defines organizational learning, and one by John Austin which offers general observation for change.
- The Fine Art of Strategic Leadership. // Inc.;May2012, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p8
The article enumerates three things which forward-thinking leaders do better than others according to researcher Paul Schoemaker, namely synthesizing various data before developing a viewpoint, engaging key stakeholders in a dialogue, and encouraging organizational learning through feedback.
- Reconciling educational leadership and the learning organization. Dever, John T. // Community College Review;Fall97, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p57
Discusses the applicability of a learning organization developed by Peter Senge to educational leadership. Use of the model for the creation of organizational structures; Rejection of traditional view of leaders; Compatibility of a strong leadership with the model for institutions of higher...
- From Performance to Presence: The Organic Nature of Learning and Change. Jones, Michael // Reflections;Spring2003, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p31
Presents information on the organic nature of learning and change in leadership. Test of the formal positional authority of leaders when they make choices; Concept of invisible intelligence; Central myths that impede leadership performance.
- Prescriptions for effective leadership. Williams, J. Clifton // Baylor Business Review;Fall1998, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p7
Highlights several recommendations for effective leadership. Job acceptance; Creation of a learning organization; Importance of planning.
- A Mid-Life Reflection. Bruce, Bennett // Reflections;Spring2002, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p27
Reflects on the prerequisites of organizational leadership. Description of leadership in terms of service of stewardship; Significance of technical expertise in a manufacturing firm; Theories of organizational learning.
- The Learning You Need Now. Weathersby, George B. // Management Review;Oct99, Vol. 88 Issue 9, p7
Focuses on the organizational learning needed for companies as a strategy for business success. How does a business learn; Information a business model; Role of leadership training programs for employees and executives.
- The renaissance manager. Miller, Clifford // Supervision;Feb1999, Vol. 60 Issue 2, p6
Focuses on the dimensions of dynamic leadership, structure, vision and supervision. Information on three job applicants who each had mastered one dimension of management; Description of a renaissance manager; Elements of effective management; Evaluating organizational skills; Discussion on...