Where OD and MBO Meet
- M.B.O. & O.D.--HOW TO APPLY. // Industrial Management;Mar/Apr77, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p14
Focuses on the application of management by objectives and organizational development. Comprehension of the organizational objectives; Customer satisfaction; Development of interpersonal relationships.
- Complexity-based Change Methods. Waltuck, Bruce A. // Journal for Quality & Participation;Oct2012, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p13
The author describes a sampling of methods for influencing organizational change from a complexity perspective. He discusses the nine-step Process Enneagram model for change in organizations developed by Richard Knowles and the Human System Dynamics (HSD) devised by "Facilitating Organization...
- viewpoint. Watson, David R. // Debt Cubed;Jul/Aug2007, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p43
The article presents steps for all successful organizations to ensure changes are made for organizational improvements. The first step is establishing a sense of urgency. Second is forming a powerful guiding coalition. The third step is creating a guiding vision and strategy. It is stated that...
- CHANGE AND SOCIAL ORGANIZATION. Cohen, Alan M. // Journal of Sociology & Social Welfare;Fall1973, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p139
Organizations continually adapt to external organizational imperatives such as technology, population, knowledge and values. The increasing rate and intensity of these imperatives necessitates changes in services irrespective of the organization's formal intentions to change. It is suggested...
- INSIDE-OUT THINKING. Koury, Fred // Smart Business Pittsburgh;Apr2012, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p4
The article discusses the approaches on how business leaders can reach their transformative goals in the organization. According to the author, leaders should be committed towards a clear course of action, focus on the internal goal and make it sure that the changes are necessary. He adds that...
- ¡Sirve el Management para algo? Causas del descrédito y sus dificultades. Bueno, Manuel Sevillano // Capital Humano;Dic2008, Vol. 21 Issue 227, p24
No abstract available.
- Organizational Change Techniques: Their Present, Their Future. // Organizational Dynamics;Summer82, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p67
This article focuses on the techniques on implementing organizational change. Organizational behavior modification is based on B. F. Skinner's theory of learning. In brief, this theory holds that people as well as laboratory animals learn to change behavior through the feedback they get from the...
- a lesson in strategy: lead with vision. Marcille, Kim // Supervision;Jan2009, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p17
In Yogi Berra's 2007 commencement speech to the graduating class of St. Louis University, he said, "Be careful if you don't know where you're going in life, because you might not get there."
- Keep Your Team's Goals In Sight. // TeamWork;Sep2009, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p5
The article describes a way on how to keep the vision and objectives of a team in each member's mind. It states that work pressure and job overload can often overlooked the team's goals. It suggests that posting them in a place where they can easily be seen is a good idea to ensure that each...