A Comparative Study on Academic Performance of Student with Hearing Impairment studying in Special Vs Inclusive Education
- Improving the Vocabulary of Children with Hearing Loss. Massaro, Dominic W.; Light, Joanna // Volta Review;Fall2004, Vol. 104 Issue 3, p141
The goal of this study was to test the effectiveness of a Language Wizard/Player with Baldi, a computer-animated tutor, for teaching new vocabulary items to children with a hearing loss. Eight students with hearing loss, between the ages of 6 and 70, were tested and trained for about 20-30...
- Hearing Impairment & Hearing Aids. Pillion, Joseph P. // Exceptional Parent;May95, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p30
Discusses about hearing impairment in children. Test procedures for evaluating hearing; Types of hearing loss; Availability of amplification devices.
- CHILDHOOD DEAFNESS. // Clinical Pediatrics;Feb1965, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p115
No abstract available.
- SOME PROBLEMS CONFRONTING CHILDREN WITH DEAFNESS. Frisina, D. Robert // Exceptional Children;Oct1959, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p94
The article presents some problems posed by children with hearing disorder. The study views children with deafness as those who has sustained a loss of hearing either during the prenatal, paranatal or during infancy period. Such children functions principally as a visually oriented person....
- CONSERVING THE SCHOOL CHILD'S HEARING. Newhart, Horace // Education Digest;Nov1938, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p24
This article presents a reprint of the article "Conserving the School Child's Hearing," by Horace Newhart, which appeared in the October 1938 issue of the scholarly "National Parent-Teacher" periodical. A hearing impairment is one which interferes with the acquisition of normal speech, an...
- THE HARD OF HEARING CHILD IN THE PUBLIC SCHOOLS. Fruewald, Elizabeth // Western Speech;May1941, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p21
Discusses key issues concerning speech education for hard-of-hearing children in public schools. Educational requirements to be met; Recommendations on what schools can do; Implications on speech education.
- Treatment efficacy: Hearing loss in children. Carney, Arlene Earley; Moeller, Mary Pat // Journal of Speech, Language & Hearing Research;Feb98, Vol. 41 Issue 1, pS61
Analyzes the treatment efficacy for children with hearing loss. Definition of hearing loss in children; Effects of childhood hearing loss on daily life; Role of audiologists and speech-language pathologists in managing children with hearing loss; Discussion of pertinent efficacy research for...
- Out of the Classroom. Drennen, Genevieve // Exceptional Children;May1959, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p432
The article provides information on the education of children with hearing disorders. The fundamental aspect in the education of the deaf children is the teaching of the communicative arts such as speech, speechreading, reading, and language. There are devices for teaching written language to...
- Poor Acoustical Quality in Schools a Concern. // Buildings;Jul2009, Vol. 103 Issue 7, p12
The article reports on the findings by the National Deaf Children's Society (NDCS) that many new schools in the U.S. do not meet the acoustic standards of the government which are laid out in Building Bulletin 93. It states that an evaluation of new schools built under the Building Schools for...