Formulation,development and Evaluation of film coated tablet containing Cefixime and Potassium clavulanate
- ï¿½-Lactams as Inhibitors of Serine Enzymes. Konaklieva, M.I. // Current Medicinal Chemistry - Anti-Infective Agents;Jul2002, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p215
For nearly six decades, penicillins have been used widely to treat bacterial infections. The development of multidrug resistance, however, has reduced the effectiveness of ï¿½-lactams as antimicrobial drugs. A main contributor to b-lactam resistance is the production of ï¿½-lactamases, and...
- Putting Fungi to Work: Harvesting a Cornucopia of Drugs, Toxins, and Antibiotics. Kück, Ulrich; Bloemendal, Sandra; Teichert, Ines // PLoS Pathogens;Mar2014, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p1
The article examines the role of fungi as producers of life-saving drugs. Topics covered include the effects of some fungi on human health such as Aspergillus terreus, Claviceps purpurea and Ashbya gossypii, the role of horizontal gene transfer in the diversity of fungal metabolism, and the...
- When to use the newer beta-lactam antibiotics. Rosenfeld, Elaine; Shaughnessy, Allen F. // Patient Care;9/15/1995, Vol. 29 Issue 14, p119
Studies the use of the new beta-lactam antibiotics and some third generation cephalosporin drugs. Brief on the fungus Cephalosporium acremonium; Description of oral agents Cefixime, Cefpodoxime proxetil, Cefprozil and Loracarbef, and parental agents Ceftazidine, Aztreonam, Imipenem/cilastatin...
- Beta-Lactam Antibiotic Therapy in Febrile Granulocytopenic Patients. Winston, Drew; Ho, Winston; Bruckner, David; Champlain, Richard // Annals of Internal Medicine;12/1/91, Vol. 115 Issue 11, p849
Presents a study which compared the efficacy, toxicity and cost-effectiveness of double beta-lactam therapy with monotheraphy in febrile granulocytopenic patients. Study design; Materials and methods used; Results.
- Bactericidal activity of oral beta-lactam antibiotics in plasma and urine versus isogenic Escherichia coli strains producing broad-and extended-spectrum beta-lactamases. // Croatian Medical Journal;2005, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p718
Presents an abstract of the study "Bactericidal activity of oral beta-lactam antibiotics in plasma and urine versus isogenic Escherichia coli strains producing broad-and extended-spectrum beta-lactamases," by B. Bedenic et al.
- Appropriate Prescribing of Oral Beta-Lactam Antibiotics. Holten, Keith B. // American Family Physician;8/1/2000, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p611
Beta-lactam antibiotics include penicillins, cephalosporins and related compounds. As a group, these drugs are active against many gram-positive, gram-negative and anaerobic organisms. Information based on "expert opinion" and antimicrobial susceptibility testing supports certain antibiotic...
- N-Thiolated ï¿½-Lactams. Long, T.E.; Turos, E. // Current Medicinal Chemistry - Anti-Infective Agents;Jul2002, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p251
N-Thiolated ï¿½-lactams are ï¿½-lactam compounds that have a sulfur substituent on the nitrogen center. They represent a broad and growing family of bioactive molecules. In this review we provide a summary of the known biological properties of the different classes of N-thiolated...
- ï¿½-Lactamases and their Inhibitors: An Update. Micetich, R.G.; Salama, S.M.; Maiti, S.N.; Reddy, A.V.N.; Singh, R. // Current Medicinal Chemistry - Anti-Infective Agents;Jul2002, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p193
The ï¿½-lactam antibiotics perhaps form the best studied and most used (in volume and sales) antibiotics in the world today. The extensive and in many cases, uncontrolled use of the ï¿½-lactam antibiotics, particularly in developing countries and for veterinary uses, has resulted in the...
- History of Cerebrovascular Events: A Relative Contraindication to Ertapenem Treatment. Saidel-Odes, Lisa; Borer, Abraham; Riesenberg, Klaris; Smolyakov, Rozalia; Schlaeffer, Francisc // Clinical Infectious Diseases;7/15/2006, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p262
A letter to the editor is presented which reports on two cases about an adverse effect associated with the prenatal Î²-lactam antimicrobial agent, ertapenem.