Formulation,development and Evaluation of film coated tablet containing Cefixime and Potassium clavulanate
- ï¿½-Lactams as Inhibitors of Serine Enzymes. Konaklieva, M.I. // Current Medicinal Chemistry - Anti-Infective Agents;Jul2002, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p215
For nearly six decades, penicillins have been used widely to treat bacterial infections. The development of multidrug resistance, however, has reduced the effectiveness of ï¿½-lactams as antimicrobial drugs. A main contributor to b-lactam resistance is the production of ï¿½-lactamases, and...
- When to use the newer beta-lactam antibiotics. Rosenfeld, Elaine; Shaughnessy, Allen F. // Patient Care;9/15/1995, Vol. 29 Issue 14, p119
Studies the use of the new beta-lactam antibiotics and some third generation cephalosporin drugs. Brief on the fungus Cephalosporium acremonium; Description of oral agents Cefixime, Cefpodoxime proxetil, Cefprozil and Loracarbef, and parental agents Ceftazidine, Aztreonam, Imipenem/cilastatin...
- Beta-Lactam Antibiotic Therapy in Febrile Granulocytopenic Patients. Winston, Drew; Ho, Winston; Bruckner, David; Champlain, Richard // Annals of Internal Medicine;12/1/91, Vol. 115 Issue 11, p849
Presents a study which compared the efficacy, toxicity and cost-effectiveness of double beta-lactam therapy with monotheraphy in febrile granulocytopenic patients. Study design; Materials and methods used; Results.
- Bactericidal activity of oral beta-lactam antibiotics in plasma and urine versus isogenic Escherichia coli strains producing broad-and extended-spectrum beta-lactamases. // Croatian Medical Journal;2005, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p718
Presents an abstract of the study "Bactericidal activity of oral beta-lactam antibiotics in plasma and urine versus isogenic Escherichia coli strains producing broad-and extended-spectrum beta-lactamases," by B. Bedenic et al.
- Appropriate Prescribing of Oral Beta-Lactam Antibiotics. Holten, Keith B. // American Family Physician;8/1/2000, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p611
Beta-lactam antibiotics include penicillins, cephalosporins and related compounds. As a group, these drugs are active against many gram-positive, gram-negative and anaerobic organisms. Information based on "expert opinion" and antimicrobial susceptibility testing supports certain antibiotic...
- N-Thiolated ï¿½-Lactams. Long, T.E.; Turos, E. // Current Medicinal Chemistry - Anti-Infective Agents;Jul2002, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p251
N-Thiolated ï¿½-lactams are ï¿½-lactam compounds that have a sulfur substituent on the nitrogen center. They represent a broad and growing family of bioactive molecules. In this review we provide a summary of the known biological properties of the different classes of N-thiolated...
- ï¿½-Lactamases and their Inhibitors: An Update. Micetich, R.G.; Salama, S.M.; Maiti, S.N.; Reddy, A.V.N.; Singh, R. // Current Medicinal Chemistry - Anti-Infective Agents;Jul2002, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p193
The ï¿½-lactam antibiotics perhaps form the best studied and most used (in volume and sales) antibiotics in the world today. The extensive and in many cases, uncontrolled use of the ï¿½-lactam antibiotics, particularly in developing countries and for veterinary uses, has resulted in the...
- History of Cerebrovascular Events: A Relative Contraindication to Ertapenem Treatment. Saidel-Odes, Lisa; Borer, Abraham; Riesenberg, Klaris; Smolyakov, Rozalia; Schlaeffer, Francisc // Clinical Infectious Diseases;7/15/2006, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p262
A letter to the editor is presented which reports on two cases about an adverse effect associated with the prenatal Î²-lactam antimicrobial agent, ertapenem.
- Neutropenia due to Beta lactamine antibodies. Rouveix, B.; Lassoued, K.; Vittecoq, D.; Regnier, B. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);12/17/1983, Vol. 287 Issue 6408, p1832
Examines the patient with neutropenia after beta lactamines treatment. Symptoms of the disease; Importance of clinical and serological findings for the investigation; Pathogenesis of neutropenia.