U.S. DOT Nixes Maryland Labor Plan for Wilson Bridge
- Getting there. // American City & County;May95, Vol. 110 Issue 6, p63
Reports on the Award of Merit for Design Excellence given by the US Federal Highway Administration to a State Route 414 bridge in Tioga County, Pennsylvania.
- FHWA Fiber-Optics Research Program: Critical Knowledge for Infrastructure Improvement. Livingston, Richard A. // Public Roads;Jul/Aug99, Vol. 63 Issue 1, p13
Focuses on a United States Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) landmark research program for Las Cruces highway bridge in New Mexico. What the program includes; Magnitude of the need to monitor the infrastructure; Technology used for the infrastructure; Application of fiber-optic systems;...
- Leverages Technology and Innovation. Bryant, Bob // Public Roads;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p31
Focuses on the joint effort of the Federal Lands Highway Core Business Unit (FLH) and the Research, Development, and Technology Service Business Unit (RD&T), which are both under the United States Federal Highway Administration, in evaluating bridges. Other joint efforts of FLH and RD&T;...
- Reliability of Visual Bridge Inspection. Phares, Brent M.; Rolander, Dennis D.; Graybeal, Benjamin A.; Washer, Glenn A. // Public Roads;Mar/Apr2001, Vol. 64 Issue 5, p22
Part II. Focuses on a study which described the reliability of visual inspection technique to evaluate the condition of highway bridges. Results of the study conducted at the Nondestructive Evaluation Validation Center of the United States Federal Highway Administration; Details on routine...
- Rehabilitation for Our Nation's Bridges. Nasvik, Joe // Concrete Construction;Dec2003, Vol. 48 Issue 12, p36
Reports on the United States Federal Highway Administration's National Bridge Inventory. Ensuring that bridges are safe and maintained; Setting a course of action.
- Nondestructive evaluation for bridge management in the... Chase, Steven B.; Washer, Glenn // Public Roads;Jul/Aug97, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p16
Summarizes the United States Federal Highway Administration's (FHWA) research and development program for the nondestructive evaluation (NDE) of bridges. Objectives of the program; Focus of the program; Details of FHWA NDE research program.
- Engineers help Russia rehab its bridges. Anderson, Jeanne // Roads & Bridges;Feb97, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p10
Reports that bridge engineers from the Federal Highway Association Regions five, seven and ten will help Russia develop a Russian bridge rehabilitation program. Funding of the program; Covered bridges for repair and reconstruction.
- MORE BAD BRIDGES IN MINNESOTA. Tracy, Ryan; Coppins, McKay // Newsweek;8/9/2010, Vol. 156 Issue 6, p8
The article reports that the U.S. Federal Highway Administration has made little headway in repairing faulty bridges since a bridge collapse in Minnesota killed 13 people in 2007.
- Wood and Clay Will Wash Away. J. W. // Risk Management (00355593);Dec2007, Vol. 54 Issue 12, p36
The article discusses the August 1, 2007 collapse of the Minneapolis I-35W bridge in Minnesota. At the time the bridge's most recent inspection had indicated it was "structurally deficient," a classification applicable to over 70,000 other bridges in the U.S. Various shortcomings can cause a...