Short-Term Tax-Exempt Yields
- New York City Readies $820 Million Of Taxable and Tax-Exempt GOs. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;12/8/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32524, p7
The article reports on the plans of New York City to sell $820 million of taxable and tax-exempt general obligation bonds on December 19, 2006. Its two-day retail period will begin for the tax-exempt portion. It has been mentioned that the bonds' maturities and structures will be identified...
- Illinois Agency Approves $40M for Medical District. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/12/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32297, p5
The article reports that the Illinois Medical District Commission has decided to expand its Chicago campus with the help of a $40 million mix of tax-exempt and taxable bonds approved by the Illinois Finance Authority (IFA) board. The bonds will be sold with William Blair & Co. serving as the...
- Speaking to Empty Chairs. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;12/10/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31281, p1
Reports on a meeting for the approval of tax-exempt debt for a private parking garage in Washington, D.C. on November 14, 2001. Discussion on the Tax Equity and Fiscal Responsibility Act of 1982; Consideration on private activity bonds.
- Is bigger better? In today's illiquid market, not necessarily. Karchmer, Jennifer // Bond Buyer;10/13/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30746, p6
Reports on the impact of market illiquidity and lack of investor interest to tax-exempt bond funds. Association of larger portfolio size to better fund performance; Difficulties in managing a large fund during the liquidity crunch; Comparison between the performance of larger and smaller funds.
- Market Statistics. // Bond Buyer;9/19/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32965, p28
Several charts illustrating bond market statistics in the U.S., including market indicators, short-term tax-exempt yields and the municipal market data on general obligation yields are presented.
- Munis Tepid But A void a Full Selloff Mode. RIGGS, TAYLOR // Bond Buyer;1/29/2013, Vol. 383 Issue 33852, p4
In this article, the author offers information on the status of the U.S. tax-exempt bond market in the fourth week of January 2013. She mentions that the market has closed slightly weaker due to low and unstabilized bond yields by the trading during the week. She also informs that the traders...
- After Being Good All Year Munis Get Coal. RIGGS, TAYLOR // Bond Buyer;12/26/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33835, p2
In this article, the author offers information on the status of the U.S. tax-exempt bond market in December 2012. She mentions that the market has closed steady on Christmas Eve as the traders made limited primary and secondary activity due to the holidays. She also informs that the market...
- Muni Market Slows as Issuance Gets Set to Pick Up. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;7/11/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34541, p1
The municipal bond market on Friday stepped back and took stock of a quiet, holiday-shortened week, which saw yields drop to record low levels at the start only to bounce up again at the end.
- Managers Navigate Through Tumultuous 1Q. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;4/10/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32854, p1
The article reports on the updates concerning the performance of the bond market during the first quarter of 2008 in the U.S. The industry has recorded a decline in cumulative returns to 1.89 percent of the $131.7 billion tax-exemption mutual funds during the period. It reveals that mutual fund...