Short-Term Tax-Exempt Yields
- New York City Readies $820 Million Of Taxable and Tax-Exempt GOs. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;12/8/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32524, p7
The article reports on the plans of New York City to sell $820 million of taxable and tax-exempt general obligation bonds on December 19, 2006. Its two-day retail period will begin for the tax-exempt portion. It has been mentioned that the bonds' maturities and structures will be identified...
- Illinois Agency Approves $40M for Medical District. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/12/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32297, p5
The article reports that the Illinois Medical District Commission has decided to expand its Chicago campus with the help of a $40 million mix of tax-exempt and taxable bonds approved by the Illinois Finance Authority (IFA) board. The bonds will be sold with William Blair & Co. serving as the...
- Speaking to Empty Chairs. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;12/10/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31281, p1
Reports on a meeting for the approval of tax-exempt debt for a private parking garage in Washington, D.C. on November 14, 2001. Discussion on the Tax Equity and Fiscal Responsibility Act of 1982; Consideration on private activity bonds.
- Is bigger better? In today's illiquid market, not necessarily. Karchmer, Jennifer // Bond Buyer;10/13/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30746, p6
Reports on the impact of market illiquidity and lack of investor interest to tax-exempt bond funds. Association of larger portfolio size to better fund performance; Difficulties in managing a large fund during the liquidity crunch; Comparison between the performance of larger and smaller funds.
- Market Statistics. // Bond Buyer;9/19/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32965, p28
Several charts illustrating bond market statistics in the U.S., including market indicators, short-term tax-exempt yields and the municipal market data on general obligation yields are presented.
- Managers Navigate Through Tumultuous 1Q. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;4/10/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32854, p1
The article reports on the updates concerning the performance of the bond market during the first quarter of 2008 in the U.S. The industry has recorded a decline in cumulative returns to 1.89 percent of the $131.7 billion tax-exemption mutual funds during the period. It reveals that mutual fund...
- Bond funds. Kalwarski, Tara // Money;Mar2004, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p154
Presents a chart of bond funds three-year performance rankings for the U.S. Government, investment-grade corporate, high-yield corporate and tax-exempt.
- Munis Tepid But A void a Full Selloff Mode. RIGGS, TAYLOR // Bond Buyer;1/29/2013, Vol. 383 Issue 33852, p4
In this article, the author offers information on the status of the U.S. tax-exempt bond market in the fourth week of January 2013. She mentions that the market has closed slightly weaker due to low and unstabilized bond yields by the trading during the week. She also informs that the traders...
- D.C.'s IRB Mastermind Looks Back On 13 Years and $5B. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;3/26/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32594, p8
The article focuses on the economic projects initiated by director of the District of Columbiaâ€™s Revenue Bond Program Michael Vincent Hodge during the 13 years of his administration. Newseum project, a $500 million interactive journalism museum under construction in the downtown, is what...