NEW YORK: Stadium Talks Back
- Arizona Agency Collects 18 Proposals for Stadium Site. Victory, Darren // Bond Buyer;12/18/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31287, p32
Reports that the National Football League of Arizona and sports authority has collected 18 proposals for stadium site. Plans of the sports authority to issue bond funds to finance the construction of the stadium; Description on the site selection process of the sports authority.
- City is on slippery ice with its hockey team. Murray, Arthur O. // Business North Carolina;Dec2003, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p23
Reports on the efforts of Greensboro, North Carolina officials in saving the city's Greensboro Coliseum, by managing the Greensboro Generals hockey team before handing the team to a new owner in 2004. Amount of losses incurred by the coliseum in the fiscal year that ended June 2003; Decision of...
- Take Me Out to the Cleaners. NOLAN, MICHAEL // Freeman: Ideas on Liberty;Jul/Aug2013, Vol. 64 Issue 6, p46
The article discusses issues related to financing stadiums for professional sports in the U.S. It is informed that according to an estimation, 78 stadiums were built at a cost of 85 billion dollar from 1991 to 2004, and a heavy amout of revenue created by the stadiums went into pockets of owner....
- THE MOST POWERFUL MAN IN SPORTS... YOU HAD NO IDEA, DID YOU? STAN KROENKE. Wertheim, L. Jon; PARFENOV, EVGENY // Sports Illustrated;11/19/2012, Vol. 117 Issue 20, p69
The article focuses on sports team owner Stan Kroenke. Kroenke's status as the owner of teams in many different professional sports including the St. Louis Rams football team, the Denver Nuggets basketball team and the English soccer team Arsenal is examined. Kroenke's unassuming personality is...
- Galveston Eyes New Stadium. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;1/26/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33255, p9
The article reports that the trustees of the Galveston Independent School District in Texas have voted to pursue the state's project on building a new football stadium.
- Latest Plan Would Sell Land to Keep Cubs in Arizona. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;6/7/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33328, p6
The article reports on the move of the city of Mesa, Arizona to raise 84 million dollars in an effort to finance a spring training facility for the state's Chicago Cubs baseball team without a state bond issue.
- Sports are big business. // State Legislatures;Dec96, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p6
Focuses on the income generated by sports facilities in the United States. Enumeration of sources of revenue; Importance of luxury seating; Contribution of team owners to stadium construction.
- National stadium plan hopes to score. Milton, Tina // Leisure & Hospitality Business;9/6/2001, p2
Highlights the proposed national stadium construction in Birmingham, England. Design features; Potential funding boost for the proposal; Estimation on its cost.
- Private financing is the latest big thing and will get even bigger, panelists say. Ward, Andew // Bond Buyer;09/24/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30237, p32
Forecasts that private financing of sports stadiums and arenas is set to grow in the near term. Construction of the Pacific Bell Park for the San Francisco Giants; Increase in the price of stadiums.