The Week Ahead: Transportation Issues Dominate as Calendar Winds Down
- N.Y. MTA To Issue $450M. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;11/28/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32516, p1
The article provides information on New York City's Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) and discusses its plan to sell revenue bonds and expand its commercial paper program. The MTA has been working on a project that involves a tunnel that would connect three subway lines together south...
- Rail Runner Review. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;1/31/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32309, p27
The article reports on developments regarding the purchase by the state of New Mexico of early 300 miles of rail line between Belen, New Mexico and Trinidad, Colorado from BNSF Railway. The deal is being reviewed by New Mexico Attorney General Patricia Madrid. Funding for the project will come...
- New Ohio DOT Garvees Strengthened By Extra Coverage; Analyst Hopeful. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;9/7/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31219, p3
Reports the bond coverage carried by the third issue of the 100 million-dollars of Garvee bonds to the Department of Transportation in Ohio. Reimbursement of the Federal Highway Administration through the issuance of Garvees; Sources of the federal highway receipts; Proceeds of the fund.
- Idaho Rides Garvee Train. // Bond Buyer;4/20/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32364, p1
The article reports on the plan of the federal state of Idaho to issue about 200 million dollars grant anticipation revenue vehicle bonds that will be repaid with future federal transportation grants. According to the Federal Highway Administration, the state joins the 14 states and two...
- Texas House Passes Rio Grande Valley Rail District Bill. Philyaw, Jason // Bond Buyer;5/10/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32626, p7
The article focuses on the HB 2510, a bill written by representative Armando Martinez of Texas, which allows for the creation, administration, and financing of a commuter-rail district with the authority to issue bonds. The bill allows the 14 border counties to establish rail district to fund...
- Dallas Suburb of Rockwall Sets $33M for Roads, Other Projects. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;9/12/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32711, p38
The article reports that the local government of Rockwall, Texas, have decided to sell its $21.8 million worth of 30-year general obligation bonds last September 10, 2007. The decision is based on the alleged need of the Dallas suburb to resolve its traffic issues. Aside from the $21.8 million...
- N.J. TTFA OKs $1.6B For 2008. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;3/23/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32593, p1
The article reports that New Jersey Transportation Trust Fund Authority has approved 1.6 billion, bond-funded state share of its $3.2 billion capital plan for fiscal 2008 in March 22, 2007. Officials allocates about $375 million for local aid to cities and towns with highway improvements and...
- Transportation Funding. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;3/31/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32351, p37
The article reports on the proposed regional transportation plan for the island of Oahu, Hawaii, which involves bond funding in addition to the money from the federal government and local taxes.
- Dim Outlook for Long-Term HTF Fix. Watts, Jim // Bondbuyer.com;11/17/2014, p1
The failure of Congress to agree on sustainable, long-term federal transportation funding is leading to more local solutions.