San Jose Voters to Weigh GOs for Public Safety Projects
- Tempers Flare Over Texas School District's $349M Bond Vote. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/2/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32081, p7
The article reports that supporters and opponents of a $349 million bond package for the Round Rock, Texas, Independent School District have charged each other with deliberately misleading taxpayers. District officials said the bonds are necessary to keep up with rising enrollment in the...
- Wayne County, Mich. Updates Deficit Plan. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;5/28/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34116, p1
The article focuses on the plans of the Wayne County, Michigan to remove deficit by shifting more money from property tax fund into its general fund as of 2014. Topics discussed include release of 150 million U.S. dollars from the Delinquent Tax Revolving Fund, reliance of the plan on the sale...
- IOWA: Polk GOs Another Way. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/31/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31255, p42
Reports on the sale of general obligation (GO) bonds by the government of Polk County, Iowa to pay for Iowa Events Center project in Des Moines, Iowa. Reasons for the sale of GO bonds.
- Analysts: First-Ever Mexican Municipal Debt Issue Could Spark More Deals . Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/10/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31281, p6
Reports on the sale of certification of obligation deal of municipal debt issuance in Mexico. Estimated amount of the obligation deal; Necessity for the sale of obligation bonds; Preference of Mexican bonds in the international market.
- Citing Merger With Houston, S&P Puts Port of Galveston on 'Positive'. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/18/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31287, p5
Reports on the rating of revenue bonds issued in 1998 and 1999 by the Port of Galveston, Texas. Merger between Port of Galveston and Port of Houston, Texas; Advantages of the merger for the two ports.
- MIDWEST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;12/15/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32030, p32
No abstract available.
- Trader talk. Easton, Steve // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/30/94, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p28A
Focuses on the bond market trading performance in Indianapolis, Indiana as of May 30, 1994. Effect of increased bids of commodity prices on inflation; Increase in stock prices for the week May 30 to June 5, 1994 compared with stock prices performances for the previous week; Company losers and...
- Some bond managers report gains. Star, Marlene Givant // Pensions & Investments;8/05/96, Vol. 24 Issue 16, p10
Reports on assets gains and losses of fixed-income mutual funds for the year through May 31, 1996. Gain of bond funds run by Vanguard, Merrill Lynch and PIMPCO Advisors; Losses by Franklin/Templeton, Fidelity, Putnam Funds, Mellon/Dreyfus, American Express, Kemper Funds and Dean Witter.
- Westchester County Selling $173M in Pilot Program. PHILLIPS, TED // Bond Buyer;2/9/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33263, p3
The article reports on the plan of the Westchester County, New York to market 173.1 million dollars of general obligation bonds on February 2010 as part of the its new-money deal since Robert Astorino was elected as county's executive.