Virginia Budget Deficit May Balloon to $1.3 Billion
- West Virginia Governor Delivers Solemn View of State's Economy. Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;02/16/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31079, p6
Reports the proposals of Governor Bob Wise to improve the economy of West Virginia. Outline of the budgetary shortfalls; Views of the governor on budgetary problems; Cancellation of the 94 million-dollar worth in road contracts; Creation of an internal audit and risk assessment office.
- State Finances Require MORE FOCUS. ROSS, JIM; HOHMANN, GEORGE // State Journal (WV);1/3/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p1
The article focuses on the state budget issues in West Virginia which is about to hit a $40 million deficit in fiscal year 2014 and $300 million in 2015.
- Preparing for the technologies of the work world. Fulcer, Peter A. // Technology Teacher;Apr96, Vol. 55 Issue 7, p15
Focuses on the developmental growth and changes in Loudoun County, Virginia. Competitive tax rates, abundance of available land, affordable cost of living and other assets offered; Information on the school systems and the objectives; Technology education teachers attending conferences,...
- West Virginia: Ambassadors, exporters convene to bring more of state to the world. Wallace, Douglas // Business America;Jun98, Vol. 119 Issue 6, p25
Highlights proceedings of the 1998 West Virginia International Trade Partners Luncheon held in Washington, D.C. on May 20. Keynote speakers; Topics discussed; US Department of Commerce's efforts to develop strategies for increasing exports from rural areas.
- Despite Crunch, Issuance Seems on the Rise. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/11/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31322, p61A
Focuses on the economic condition of Virginia in the fiscal year 2002. State's general obligation bonds that the Treasury Department oversees; Spending plan as proposed by the governor James S. Gilmore; Objectives of states Resources Authority when issuing debt and financing projects.
- Looking for Growth While Treading Water. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;2/11/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31322, p66A
Focuses on the economic condition of West Virginia in the fiscal year 2002. Expected growth in the state's budget in the fiscal 2003; Increase in the revenue collections from July through November 2001; Expected revenue growth in the fiscal 2002; Estimated income from the lottery in fiscal...
- Virginia Commodity Prices During the Panic of 1819. Haulman, Clyde // Journal of the Early Republic;Winter2002, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p675
Focuses on Virginia commodity prices during the Panic of 1819. Effect of falling commodity prices on Virginia's depression in the years following the Panic; Drop in the demand for American stapes; Price movements.
- Virginia's revenue rise outpaces official forecast. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;08/24/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30711, p4
Reports on economic growth in Virginia, for fiscal 1999. Surplus generated by the state's revenue growth; Factors driving revenue growth.
- Area seeks unity in a flag. Allen, Misty // Governing;Oct97, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p82
Presents information on a regional flag to be chosen in a contest among local high school students to help bring fifteen jurisdictions together. Information on Virginia's Hampton Road; Background information on James Babcock and the idea he came up with; Details on improving the area's...