News In Brief: Senate Approves Two Fed Nominees
- Meet the New Fed Governors. // Region (10453369);Jun2002, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p5
Profiles the appointed governors of the U.S. Federal Reserve Board in 2002. Professional background of Susan Schmidt Bies; Career of Mark W. Olson in banking.
- Senate Panel Expected to OK Nominees. Blackwell, Rob // American Banker;11/28/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 227, p4
Highlights the schedule for the approval on the nominees of the regulatory posts in the United States Senate Banking Committee. Representation of Mark W. Olson and Susan S. Bies for the Federal Reserve Board; Nominations of James Gilleran as director of the Office of Thrift Supervision; Scheme...
- Senate Okays Bush Regulatory Picks. // National Mortgage News;12/17/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 13, p28
Reports the confirmation of United States Congress on the appointed officials of President George W. Bush. Representation of Susan Schmidt Bies and Mark W. Olson as members of Federal Reserve Board; Selection of Alan I. Mendelowitz, Franz S. Leichter and John Thomas Korsmo as members for...
- Corporations Called on to Help Solve Accounting Problems. // Financial Update;Jul-Sep2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p3
Discusses the request of Susan Schmidt Bies, an appointee to the Federal Reserve System's Board of Governor to corporations to help solve accounting problems in the U.S.
- State Charters Get A Look Ahead (But Not From The Fed). // Credit Union Journal;9/20/2004, Vol. 8 Issue 38, p1
Reports on the outcomes of the National Association of State CU Supervisors' annual meeting. Speech given by Federal Reserve Governor Susan Bies during the convention; Fed's addition of basis points to the target rate for overnight FedFunds; Call for state regulators to encourage credit unions...
- Tennessee Banker Slated to Be New Fed Reserve Governor. // National Mortgage News;06/18/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 38
Reports on the plan of United States President George Bush to nominate banker Susan Schmidt Bies to the Federal Reserve Board of Governors. Career background of Bies; Reason for Federal Governor Edward Kelley's resignation; Other positions that will be vacated at the Board.
- Fed Gov. Bies: Is job growth too strong? Pangburn, Joe // Inside Tucson Business;1/22/2007, Vol. 16 Issue 32, p3
The article presents views and insights of U.S. Federal Reserve Governor Susan Bies concerning job growth and the economic conditions. She said that the standard number for job growth used to be 140,000 per month, but they are expecting to see that number fall to 110,000 jobs per month. She also...
- Realty Underwriting a Concern. Bies, Susan Schmidt // National Mortgage News;11/7/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p4
Presents an excerpt from the speech of Governor Susan Schmidt Bies during the National Bankers Annual Convention in Beverly Hills, California.
- Bush Plan To Staff Fed Comes Into Focus. Heller, Michele // American Banker;6/11/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 111, p1
Reports on the United States government's strategy to remake the U.S. Federal Reserve Board. U.S. President George W. Bush's announcement that he will nominate Susan Schmidt Bies for a term ending January 2012; Bush's re-nomination of Federal Reserve Board vice chairman Roger W. Ferguson Jr. in...