Georgia: CFO Choice
- Back in the CFO Saddle. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/8/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31445, p1
Reports the appointment of Rick Anderson to the position of chief finance officer in Atlanta, Georgia. Management of city budget shortfall by Anderson; Proposition of a balancing act by Anderson; Ratings designated to the debts of the city.
- Atlanta Looking at CFO Candidates Including Philadelphia Finance Director. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;5/13/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31883, p3
Reports that Atlanta, Georgia is searching for a new chief financial officer. Possibility that Janice Davis, finance director in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, will get the job; Replacement of Rick Anderson, who wants to move on and do other things; Employee selection procedures.
- Illinois Municipal Fund Hires New CFO. Giardiina, Michael // Investment Management Mandate Pipeline;11/4/2013, p5
The article announces the appointment of Mark Nannini as chief financial officer (CFO) of the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF).
- Memo: PS chiefs. Walters, Kath // BRW;9/18/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 36, p71
Cites a report released by accounting body CPA Australia which showed that chief financial officers in the public service must help their chief executives to better manage resources in Australia's local, state and Commonwealth departments. Balance sheet management; Key to better management of...
- Wachovia CFO's job is a Wurtz case scenario. Brown, Kathy // Business North Carolina;May2006, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p22
Features Wachovia Corp. CFO Tom Wurtz and his responsibilities in the company. Educational and career background; Accomplishments in the civil service; Cause of his aversion to cold water.
- What's Next? Challenges Moving Forward. // Journal of Government Financial Management;Fall2014, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p42
The article discusses the challenges encountered by the Association of Government Accountants (AGA) in fiscal year 2013-2014. It mentions the decrease in number of government employees nationwide. It notes the partnership of AGA with the Association for Federal Information Resources Management...
- Looking forward. // Chartered Accountants Journal;Apr2011, Vol. 90 Issue 3, p26
The article focuses on the challenge faced by the Inland Revenue (IR) and the importance of improving the role of the finance functions in planning and business information. IR Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Scott Scoullar says that short-term financial restraint should be balanced with...
- Chicago Talks Pension Reform While Waiting for Governor. Shields, Yvette // Investment Management Mandate Pipeline;4/24/2014, p1
The article reports on the statement of Chicago, Illinois chief financial officer Lois Scott claiming that the city awaits Governor Pat Quinn to sign a legislation overhauling its two pension funds for laborers and municipal workers. It states that the measure will reduce the cost of living...
- Authentic Expression. Cashman, Kevin; Walsh, Paul // Executive Excellence;Jun2000, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p5
Comments on the importance of encouraging self-expression among chief executive officers. Role of expression in sustaining administrative effectiveness and authenticity; Value of expression in honing leadership skills and qualities.