N.Y.'s Pataki Offers Spending Cuts, Redevelopment Initiatives
- 'Our unity is our strength' // Hudson Valley Business Journal;1/14/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 21, p4
Editorial. Provides information on the 2002 State of the State Address of George E. Pataki, New York governor. Impact of the 2001 September 11 tragedy in the U.S. economy; Analysis on the revenue growth of various businesses; Elimination of outdated drug laws.
- Pataki glosses over vital issues in State of the State. Browne, J. Zamgba // New York Amsterdam News;1/23/2003, Vol. 94 Issue 4, p6
Reports that Herman Farrell, chairman of the New York state Assembly's Ways and Means Committee has criticized Governor George Pataki's State of the State address. Lack of specifications pertaining to the areas that will be subjected to budget reductions; Other persons critical of the...
- Long Island has fared well under Pataki. Kremer, Jerry // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);01/18/2002, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p59A
Comments on the State of State address of New York Governor George Pataki as of January 9, 2002. Decency of Pataki to give homage to the fallen and living heroes of the September 11 terrorist attack; Cooperation of Pataki on the activities of the region; Performance of the region under the...
- Dem challengers can't top Pataki's leadership. Blakeman, Bruce // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);01/18/2002, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p59A
Comments on the State of the State speeches delivered by New York Governor George Pataki. Presence of euphoria in the entire duration of the speech; Confidence of Pataki in governing the state; Questions on the audacity of the leadership of Pataki.
- Pataki Faces His State. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;1/7/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31795, p1
Reports on the delivery of the 10th state of the state address by New York Governor George E. Pataki. Opposition of Pataki to tax increase; Proposal of five-year capital plans for state and city universities; Presentation of the 2004-2005 executive budget.
- Pataki's address falls short on new ideas. Cantor, Martin // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);01/15/99, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p35A
Comments on New York Governor George Pataki's fifth State of the State address. Themes for his apparent campaign for national office; Call for no new tax cuts; Tough-on-crime initiatives.
- Pataki Proposals Can Make N.Y. More Competitive. // Business Journal (Central New York);01/12/2001, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p18
Editorial. Comments on the state address of George Pataki in New York focusing on the state tax structure. Basis of taxing employees in the state; Proposal to adopt single-sales factor; Advantages of single-sales factor in taxes.
- Late, but welcome around here. // Business Journal (Central New York);01/14/2000, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p26
Editorial. Comments on New York Governor George Pataki's speech before members of the Manufacturers Association of Central New York in a luncheon in Syracuse, New York. Part of an Upstate-wide pitch for his 2001 budget proposal; Plan to eliminate the gross-receipts tax on energy; Applause from...
- Construction industry disappointed with speech. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;1/10/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p27
The article reports that the Associated General Contractors of New York State has expressed disappointment that Governor George Pataki's State of the State speech, which outlined the state's urgent and pressing needs, did not address the state's crumbling transportation infrastructure. According...