Securities Lawyer Wagner Tapped as Va. Treasurer
- Similar, But Different. Gizzi, John // Human Events;1/16/2006, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p18
This article notes the similarities as well as difference between the 1980 and the 2006 special election in Virginia where Mick Staton Sr. and Mick Staton Jr. were nominated. The qualities of Staton, Jr. and Staton Sr. are compared. The opinion of Mick Staton Sr. on how his son's campaign...
- Points North. // National Review;6/27/1994, Vol. 46 Issue 12, p12
The article encourages U.S. Senator John Warner (R-Va.) to refrain from opposing the nomination of former General Oliver North to represent Virginia in the U.S. Senate. The move by Warner, together with other Republican moderates would only alienate the Christian conservatives who would surely...
- The Government of Virginia. // Virginia's Heritage & Environment;2008, p54
A list of topics covered in the section "The Government of Virginia" is presented, which includes Branches of the Virginia Government, The Pentagon, and the Naval Air Station.
- Virginia Finance Secretary Wagner to Leave Administration. Funk, Lynne // Bond Buyer;8/4/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32932, p27
The article announces that Jody M. Wagner plans to step down as Virginia's secretary of finance.
- State and local government relationship. Allen, George // Vital Speeches of the Day;5/1/95, Vol. 61 Issue 14, p429
Presents speech by the Governor of Virginia given as an address to the people of Virginia on January 11, 1995 dealing with state and local government relations.
- Falwell's tax exemptions. // Christian Century;4/15/87, Vol. 104 Issue 12, p352
Reports on the voting of the Virginia House of Delegates to grant tax exempt status to three of evangelist Jerry Falwell's properties in Lynchburg, among other properties. Economic influence of properties.
- Key election could land Virginia in the history books. Feldman, Linda // Christian Science Monitor;10/13/95, Vol. 87 Issue 223, p3
Studies the political scenario in Virginia. Republican majority for the first time in both the houses of the state's legislature; Various candidates for the race for the elections in the state.
- Virginia. // Human Events;11/13/93, Vol. 53 Issue 46, p16
Reports on the results of the November 2, 1993 local elections in Virginia. Landslide victory of George Allen for the gubernatorial post and of running mate Jim Gilmore as Attorney General; Republicans net gain in the House of Delegates.
- Leaders Invite Entrepreneurial Ideas to Boost Economy. TINCHER, SARAH // State Journal (WV);5/27/2016, Vol. 32 Issue 22, p7
No abstract available.