Georgia's Governor Touts $1.3 Billion Bond Plan
- GEORGIA SEEKS TO EXPEDITE WORK USING TEA-21 BACKED BONDS. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;02/26/2001, Vol. 246 Issue 8, p24
Reports on a plan introduced by Governor Roy Barnes that would make Georgia the 15th state to participate in a federal program that allows sale of highway bonds backed by funds from the federal highway spending law. Bonds' acceleration of the completion of the state's rural four-lane highways...
- The transformation of Roy Barnes. Shipp, Bill // Georgia Trend;Oct97, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p86
Presents information on Roy Barnes, and his involvement in the political arena. Background information on Roy Barnes; When Barnes was a member of an endangered species campaign; Comments from Barnes relating to the vote against the Martin Luther King holiday.
- Georgia bars public entity gun suits. // Business Insurance;02/15/99, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p55
Reports on Georgia Governor Roy Barnes' signing into law a measure barring the state's cities and counties from suing gun manufacturers. Moves of Atlanta officials to challenge the law.
- Barnes set to make new waves. Shipp, Bill // Georgia Trend;Dec99, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p25
Profiles Georgia governor Roy Eugene Barnes selected as the `Georgia Trend' magazine's Georgian of the Year for 1999. Legacy as the last governor of the 20th century; Importance placed on education in the state; Previous work done as a lawyer; Agenda for the state's future; Aggressive approach...
- The Royal Treatment. Nudd, Tim // Adweek Eastern Edition;6/3/2002, Vol. 43 Issue 23, p30
Features the advertisement (ad) attacking the performance of Governor Roy Barnes in Georgia. Reaction of politicians on the commercial; View of Barnes on the ad; Highlights of the ad.
- Funds for sight. // State Government News;Jun/Jul99, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p9
Reports that Georgia Governor Roy Barnes approved on April 28, 1999 a law that allows a voluntary $1 check-off program to support the prevention of blindness. Amount generated by the Florida and Texas check-off program; Sponsor of the bill.
- If Roy wins the election... Shipp, Bill // Georgia Trend;Jun98, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p142
Opinion. Comments on Roy Eugene Barnes who is slated to be the Democratic nominee for governor of Atlanta, Georgia. Comparison of Barnes to Redneck Roy who ran for governor in 1990; Description of Barnes; Reference to Republican candidate Guy Millner.
- Roy and his media maniacs. // Georgia Trend;Apr99, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p130
Comments on the use of high technology communications by Governor Roy Barnes of Georgia. Tactics used by Barnes in the Transportation Plan and the managed-care reform package; Role of Barnes' staff, Bobby Kahn, Howard Mead and Gary Horlacher; Comparison with past governors.
- How They Brought Old Roy Down. Shipp, Bill // Georgia Trend;Aug2002, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p122
Relates the experiences of public official Roy E. Barnes in losing during a governmental election in Georgia. Criticisms of the public against anti-video poker law; Details on the demands of the public; Contributions of Barnes in politics.