Rating Agencies Hoping Davis Will Propose Specifics in Budget Address
- Wisconsin Governor Signs New Budget. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/31/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31215, p4
Reports on the signing of Governor Scott McCallum the budget for the fiscal biennium in Wisconsin. Accounts on the veto of the governor on the state spending bill; Details on the lowest state spending budget increase; Decrease in the rating of the state by the rating agencies.
- Fitch Downgrades Cranston, R.I., to BBB-Minus. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;3/21/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31349, p30
Reports the downgrade of obligation rating of Cranston, Rhode Island. Reappearance of accumulated general fund deficits; Inclusion of the company in the negative watch lists; Recovery plan for 2003.
- Raters Keep Eyes on Tennessee's Failure to Address Budget. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;03/30/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30860, p26
Reports that United States rating agencies are monitoring how Tennessee lawmakers are addressing the state's budget problems. Projected deficit for fiscal year 2000; Lawmakers' opposition to Governor Don Sundquist's state income tax proposal; Alternatives to Sundquist's proposal; Need to reduce...
- Milwaukee county's Test. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/5/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32416, p1
The article reports on the financial condition of Milwaukee County, Wisconsin. For the past several months, County Executive Scott Walker has warned that the county faces serious struggles and said difficult cuts is underway if it is to meet its growing pension burden and eliminate deficit in...
- Connecticut Gets Balanced Budget, But Analysts Still Uneasy. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;8/19/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31701, p29
Focuses on the budget of Connecticut and responses of various analysts on it. Implementation of taxes; Budget regarding power industry; Rating given by various rating agencies.
- Detroit Preparing to Meet With Raters Over Structural Deficit. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/15/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32339, p30
The article reports on the plan of Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick to meet with rating agencies Standard & Poor's Corp., Fitch Ratings Inc. and Moody's Investors Service Inc. to talk about the city's plans to reduce a structural deficit in Michigan. According to rating analyst Jonathan North, the...
- Texas Trans Lead With $7.8B in Light Long-Term Market. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;8/23/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33370, p7
The article reports on the budget shortfall in Texas in the form of a 7.8 billion dollar issuance of tax and revenue anticipation notes that will prevail the short-term market. It mentions that the long term supply is anticipated to be fairly lean for the week of August 23, 2010. It notes that...
- Moody's: California's Budget Woes, Potential Cash-Flow Deal Risk Rating. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;5/12/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33113, p19
The article reports on the impact of California's budget woes and its need for an unprecedented cash-flow borrowing on the state's rating from Moody's Investor Service. Analyst Emily Raimes says that this plight can threaten the state's A2 rating. The state may be also in the position to issue a...
- Fitch Knocks Down Wisconsin's Ratings to AA from AA-Plus. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/5/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31217, p40
Reports the downgrade of the credit rating of the state from AA to AA-plus in Wisconsin. Reliance of the budget on nonrecurring revenues; Impact of the downgrade on the economy; Role of Moody's Investors Services in downgrading the state.