News In Brief: Moody's Outlook Now Stable on Ft. Zumwalt
- News In Brief: Whitman Hanson RSD Up to A2 By Moody's. // Bond Buyer;11/20/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31269, p2
Reports that U.S.-based rating agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. has upgraded the rating on approximately $21.4 million in outstanding long-term securities from Whitman Hanson Regional School District in Massachusetts.
- Colo. district claims against credit-rater dismissed. Walsh, Mark // Education Week;5/29/96, Vol. 15 Issue 36, p8
Reports on the dismissal of the lawsuit filed by the Jefferson County, Colorado school district against Moody's Investor Service Inc. which seeks damages from Moody's issuance of an unsolicited and negative report on the district's bond offerings. Credit-rater's First Amendment free-press right...
- New Jersey. Demenchuck, Michael // Bond Buyer;09/29/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30240, p35
Reports on Moody's Investors Service's review of New Jersey-based Bernards Township School Districts' Aa-rated general obligation debt.
- Moody's warns Florida school districts: Overcrowding may bring downgrades. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;10/14/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30251, p3
Reports on the negative impact of the credit rating for school districts in Florida if the state fails to solve problems of overcrowding according to an assessment from Moody's Investors Service Inc. Percentage of districts experiencing pressure to build more classrooms; Costs required to solve...
- Once-Troubled Cleveland Schools Win Solid Ratings for $125 Million Deal. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/4/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31461, p5
Reports the ratings assigned to the bond sale of the Cleveland Municipal School District by Moody's Investors Service Inc. in Ohio. Announcement on the ratings by chief financial officer Erbert Johnson; Schedule of the bond sale; Bonds covered by the ratings.
- Big-City Schools Face Big-Time Fiscal Challenges, Moody's Finds. Heaton, Kenneth // Bond Buyer;07/13/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30681, p5
Reports on Moody's Investors Service Inc.'s study on the fiscal challenges facing big-city school districts in the United States. Rating of schools bonds; Pressures on school finances; Effects of demographic shifts to the districts' efforts to meet their facility needs; Factors affecting the...
- Moody's upgrades Clark County School District GOs. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;06/28/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30671, p3
Reports that Moody's Investors Service Corp. has upgraded the general obligation debt issued by the Clark County School District in Las Vegas, Nevada. Economic growth in the Nevada region; Approach of the district in boosting its debt service reserves.
- Webster, N.Y., Schools Upgraded. // Bond Buyer;09/06/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30969, p2
Reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc. has raised its credit rating for the Webster, New York Central School District's outstanding general obligation bonds from A1 to Aa3. Moody's assignment of a Aa3 rating to the district's general obligation school-district bonds.
- Hillsborough County, Fla., Schools Ready Sale Following Upgrade. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/07/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31012, p3
Reports on the upgraded ratings given to bonds issued by the Hillsborough County School District in Florida by Moody's Investor Service Inc. Amount of the total issue; Factors influencing the upgrade.