News In Brief
- Preliminary tables have UBS on top. Siebert, Kenneth // Asset Securitization Report;7/1/2002, Vol. 2 Issue 26, p12
Reports the ranking of UBS Warburg during the industrial management activity in the U.S. Presentation of the league tables of Thompson Financial; Assertion of the market share of Credit Suisse First Boston; Assessment of the market share of Bear Stearns & Co.
- Thomson Taps Lamoureux for Web Services Platform. Schroeder, Mary // Securities Industry News;11/4/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 42, p5
Reports that the finance company Thompson Financial has offered Bob Lamoureux, vice president of technical strategy for the company's investment management group, to create architecture of the company's next-generation web services-based platform. Professional experiences of Bob Lamoureux;...
- Monthly Muni Issuance Continues to Decline. Meyers, Maxwell // Bond Buyer;4/3/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32352, p1
The article reports that the monthly municipal bond issuance continued to decline in the U.S. According to Thomson Financial, tax-exempt borrowers sold 41.8% less debt in March 2006 as compared to the same period in 2005. Issuance declined in the general purpose, education and transportation...
- Earnings to rebound from 1Q dip. Murphy, H. Lee // Crain's Chicago Business;6/18/2007, Vol. 30 Issue 25, p3
The article predicts that U.S. companies will gain 16.6% profit in the first quarter of 2007. According to the survey, Thompson Financial will experience an increase profit in the second quarter after a 6 percent decline during the first quarter survey. The forecast also determines an 8.9...
- 2001 Rankings: JP Morgan Chase, BofA, Citigroup/SSB Lead. Iyer, Savita // Bank Loan Report;1/7/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p2
Focuses on a report by Thompson Financial on corporate borrowing in the United States in 2001. Total global debt, equity and equity-related issues that were completed in the year; Banks that topped the leveraged loan league tables; Disclosed fees from global underwriting registered by Thompson...
- Here's a Surge: Refundings Jump 59%. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;8/13/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32690, p3A
The article reports on the increase of the volume of municipal bond refundings by nearly 60 percent in the first half of 2007 in the U.S. The rise was attributed to the low rates and refinanced outstanding debt to lock in savings. According to Thompson Financial, in the first six months of 2007,...
- Merger Boom Likely To Continue In 2007 Despite Increased Scrutiny of Cross-Border Deals. // Global Finance;Feb2007, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p51
The article focuses on the impact of worldwide mergers and acquisition (M&A) activity in the U.S. in 2006. According to Thompson Financial, the fourth quarter was the busiest quarter for M&A, with activity rising by 36% to reach nearly $1.6 trillion in 2006. According to a poll of CFOs, most...
- TF Cuts ILX Unit Staff. Schroeder, Mary // Securities Industry News;12/16/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 47, p1
Reports that Thomson Financial has dismissed about 200 employees at its former ILX Systems Inc. Unit. Total number of employees working at the unit; Other units where the company has reduced the number of its employees; Reason why the company is reducing its work force.
- IPO's Spring Season. Tunick, Britt // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/1/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 13, p14
Reports the performance of the initial public offering (IPO) market in the U.S. Declaration of the good IPO issuance performance of Thompson Financial; Announcement of the strongest IPO performer.