Led by Missouri, $3.4B Calendar Could Captivate Buyers
- Treasury Strips Rise $1.091B in July. // Bond Buyer;8/7/2015, Vol. 1 Issue F330, p1
Newly issued Treasury securities held in stripped form increased about $1.091 billion in July to a total of $216.643 billion, the Bureau of the Public Debt reported Tuesday.
- Sovereign debt in Latin America, 1820-1913. della Paolera, Gerardo; Taylor, Alan M. // Revista de Historia EconÃ³mica / Journal of Iberian & Latin Amer;Sep2013, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p173
This paper examines sovereign lending to Latin America and the Caribbean from 1820 to 1913. We examine four waves of capital flows where defaults were followed by a return to market access. In spite of extended default, countries kept promising high returns that attracted international investors...
- FUND FOCUS: Solid bonds. // Design Week (Online Edition);6/30/2011, p22
The article presents information on the demise of the bond market of Great Britain due to low interest rates over a considerable period of time. The anaemic economic recovery in the year 2012 does not show the chances of rise in the market, and the bond investors are still facing the problem of...
- N.J. and N.Y.C. Deals Dominate as Supply Slowly Rolls In. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;1/10/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33447, p8
The article reports on the partnership between New Jersey Economic Development Authority (EDA) and the New York City Transitional Finance Authority (TFA) to bring up deals to the bond market. The deals will possibly cause changes to the market if only investors treat them as benchmark deals and...
- A Great Year for Risk. Sjoblom, Miriam // Morningstar FundInvestor;Jan2013, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p20
The article focuses on bond market risks to managers in the year 2012. It discusses the concern of investors on escalating eurozone sovereign debt crisis that reflects the credit-sensitive sectors. It states that the Lord Abbett Short Duration Income (LALDX) fund by Lord Abbett Distributor LLC....
- Buoyant Bonds. Korn, Donald Jay // Financial Planning;Oct2011, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p113
The article focuses on the rise of the prices of fixed-income investments. It notes that fixed-income investments are performing well amid rising sovereign debts. One factor behind the performance of fixed-income investments is the tendency of investors seeking yields going over decimal points...
- N.Y.C. Will Sell $850M In Two Parts. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;5/23/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31642, p1
New York City will sell 850 million dollars in general obligation bonds including 200 million dollars in taxable debt to fund affordable housing and economic development as the city's fiscal year comes to an end. However, questions remain about the constitutionality of a key piece of the city's...
- State and Local Government Series Rates. // Bond Buyer;4/5/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31359, p36
Presents chart depicting the rates of public debt in the U.S.
- Saints and sinners. Mackay, Sebastian // Money Marketing;10/14/2010, p70
In this article the author considers the sovereign debt and switch in global economic power that further complicate the bond market in Great Britain.