Water Authority Again Extends Offer to Buy Nevada Power
- Water authority making the right choice. // Las Vegas Business Press;5/12/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 19, p4
Editorial. Comments on the denial of the Southern Nevada Water Authority to control the Nevada Power Co. by force in Nevada. Question about the move of government entity to control a private company; Legal controversy related to downtown redevelopment project; Protection of private utilities...
- Public power is not unprecedented here. Wills, Larry // Las Vegas Business Press;8/26/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 34, p13
Focuses on the controversy surrounding the Southern Nevada Water Authority's attempted takeover of the Las Vegas-based Nevada Power Co. Possible impact of the takeover on electric rates.
- POWER PLAY Options remain for weak utility. Miller, Valerie // Las Vegas Business Press;10/7/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 40, p1
Reports on the decision of Nevada Power Co. to reject the buyout offer of Southern Nevada Water Authority in Las Vegas, Nevada. Performance of Nevada Power Co. in the stock market; Financial status of the company; Reasons behind the rejection.
- Southern Nevada Water Agency Looks to Buy Troubled Vegas Utility. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;7/31/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31439, p3
Reports the purchase of investor-owned utility Nevada Power by the Southern Nevada Water Authority in Las Vegas, Nevada. Formulation of a proposal for the authority to present to the utility; Allocation of the bond; Comment of managing partner Guy Hoobs at Hoobs Ong on the issue.
- Partnership to improve Las Vegas water supply. // American City & County;May96, Vol. 111 Issue 6, p58
Announces the partnership between the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California and the Southern Nevada Water Authority. Plans to build a concrete-lined canal; Details about their fifty five year agreement.
- Power company and water authorities reach accord. Miller, Valerie // Business Press: Serving Southern Nevada;2/14/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p1
Reports on a deal that would end all litigation between Nevada Power Company, Southern Nevada Water Authority (SNWA) and the Colorado River Commission. Remarks from Michael Yackira of Nevada Power on the issue; Reason behind the buyout offer of the SNWA on Nevada Power in 2002; Lawsuits...
- These are nervous times in Nevada for those who mind the water tap. Jacobius, Arleen // Bond Buyer;12/12/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30291, p1
Focuses on the Southern Nevada Water Authority's (SNWA) 20 year renovation and expansion of an antiquated water-delivery system, which valued $2 billion. Details on the water system in southern Nevada breaking down for the first time in 26 years in February, 1997; Comments from the general...
- Power merger gets federal OK. // Las Vegas Business Press;04/19/99, Vol. 16 Issue 16, p3
Reports on regulatory approval for the merger of the Nevada Power Co. and Sierra Pacific Power Co.
- Nev. Water Agency in Electric Play. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;8/26/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31457, p1
Reports the plan of Southern Nevada Water Authority to acquire the Nevada Power Co., a subsidiary of Sierra Pacific in San Francisco, California. Source of funding for the acquisition; Expectations on the value of the company; Significance of the acquisition for Sierra Pacific.