Washington Identifies Shortfall Larger Than Originally Expected
- D.C. officials pleased with their $41 million in delinquent tax collections. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;07/24/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30194, p5
Reports that Washington, D.C. has collected $41 million in calendar year 1997 from previously delinquent tax receivables. President Bill Clinton's warning regarding the city's budget deficit if lawmakers do not pass a revitalization package; Sources of increase in the tax collection; Federal...
- Red harvest. Lynch, Michael W. // Reason;Oct97, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p22
Reports that growth in tax collections had led government forecasters to reduce their deficit projections. Projected budget deficit for the fiscal year 1997; Projected budget deficit in May; Estimated deficit for the year 1998.
- TX: Fiscal Outlook Better than Before. // GPP eNews;8/24/2012, p4
The article reports on the increased tax collections of Texas as compared to its 2011 budget deficit.
- Deficit Ahead for Chicago. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/2/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32436, p35
The article reports on the budget deficit of $64.5 million in Chicago, Illinois, as official start work on a $5.5 billion 2007 election year budget. The deficit is due largely to increased funding required for contractual wage increases, pension funding, and medical care costs. According to the...
- Chicago Deal Clears The Market. Shields, Yvette // Bondbuyer.com;7/16/2015, p34
The article presents Chicago Steep junk-level on Thursday drew strong interest in Chicago's tax-exempt sale , also capitalizes interests for budget relief, budget deficit and skyrocketing pension payments..
- Chicago Faces $220 Million Shortfall in 2005, Officials Warn. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/2/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31938, p3
Reports on the prediction for a budget deficit for 2005 of Chicago, Illinois. Contribution of an increase of employee costs and sluggish tax collections; Efforts of the city government to look at ways to cut the budget through management efficiencies; Need for the government to close out the...
- Florida Budget Hole Could Deepen If Tourist Stay Home. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/25/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31230, p40
Reports the government budget deficit in Florida. Contribution of the tourism industry on public finance; Anticipation of decline in tax revenue collection; Concern on the credit rating of the state.
- Does the U.S. Need a Huge Tax Cut? // New York Times Upfront;03/19/2001, Vol. 133 Issue 14, p26
Examines the need for a huge tax cut in the United States. Plan to provide relief to all income-tax payers; Direction of plans toward individuals and small businesses; Possible contribution of the implementation of tax cut on the return of federal budget deficits.
- Latest Revenue Estimates Warn Illinois Is Facing $750M Shortfall. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/6/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32830, p7
The article reports that Illinois is facing a $750 million shortfall in its budget for 2008 and another $91 million in fiscal 2009. The decline is due to an economic slump that is affecting the sales tax and corporate income tax collections. According to Jim Muschinske, revenue manager for the...