'Citizen' Scanlon Set to Retire From FSA
- Former NFMA Head Dina Kennedy Leaving Industry for Gentler Pursuits. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;02/02/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31069, p5
No abstract available.
- FSA Picks First Muni DirectorRichbourg to Lead Five Finance Teams. Maurice, Alex // Bond Buyer;4/23/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31123, p1
Reports that bond insurer Financial Security Assurance Inc. (FSA) has hired investment banker Scott Richbourg as managing director to oversee its municipal finance department. Municipal groups of FSA; Reason for creating the post of managing director in the municipal finance department of the...
- Moody's Alumnus Says He Welcomes Role in Risk Management at FSA. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;9/7/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31219, p5
Reports the recruitment of M. Douglas Watson Jr. as managing director in the risk management department of Financial Security Assurance Inc. in the United States. Responsibility of Watson in assisting the underwriting of asset-backed securities; Career background of Watson; Experiences of the...
- Whispers. Editorial Staff // Asset Securitization Report;4/29/2002, Vol. 2 Issue 17, pN.PAG
Reports on executive changes in the asset securitization sector as of April 29, 2002. Lord Securities' hiring of Orlando Figueroa as vice president in corporate governance; Financial Security Assurance Inc.'s appointment of Joe Simon as chief financial officer; Law firm Alston & Bird's...
- Sean W. McCarthy Chosen to Head FSA's New Strategic Plan. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;11/22/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31023, p6
Reports on the appointment of Sean McCarthy as president and chief operating officer of Financial Security Assurance Inc. Synergies of the company with Dexia, an acquired bank; Nature of business of the company.
- Two Insurers See the Benefit of Low Subprime Mortgage Exposure. Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/8/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32751, p7
The article reports on the selection of Financial Security Assurance Inc. (FSA) and Assured Guaranty Corp. by Miami-Dade County, Florida to support the county's airport revenue bonds. The county selects FSA and Assured based on the recommendation of the financial adviser of the deal. Rachel...
- FSA Chief Underwriter Finnegan to Resign. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;5/14/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31884, p5
Reports on Suzanne M. Finnegan's decision to resign as chief municipal underwriting officer at bond insurer Financial Security Assurance Inc. Finnegan's career history; Frank J. Coughlin Jr.'s appointment to Finnegan's post.
- Financial Security Assurance expands, especially in the West. Jacobius, Arleen // Bond Buyer;10/24/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30259, p33
Reports on the performance of Financial Security Assurance Inc. as of October 24, 1997. Increase on its national market share; Attribution of its success to a fully staffed office in San Francisco, California; Benefits of its acquisition of Capital Guaranty Insurance Co.
- FSA rises in the bond insurers ranks. Ulick, Jake // Bond Buyer;07/02/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30427, p38
Reports on the rise in Financial Security Assurance's market position for the first half of 1998. Result of a reshuffle among bond insurers.