Gray's OK Lets California Agency Take Over Energy Permits
- Hungary sets new industry structure. // Utility Week;6/1/2007, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p10
The article reports that the government in Hungary has approved a bill to liberalize the electricity market in the country in line with European directives from January 1, 2008. It notes that utilities need to apply for a universal service provider license so that they can purchase power on the...
- Brazil makes changes to decree. // Power Economics;Mar2004, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p9
Reports that Brazil's Senate has made some changes to the main decree, MP 144, that has put in place the country's electricity sector model. Trading rules; Government influence in planning and granting concession licenses; Proposal to allow distributors to pass on unforeseen costs to final...
- Washington report. Bretz, Elizabeth A. // Electrical World;Feb94, Vol. 208 Issue 2, p16
Features news and developments concerning legislation on the electric power industry in the United States. Implications of marketing competition among electric utilities; Merging of interest groups of the nuclear industry.
- Legislative update. // Electrical World;Jul95, Vol. 209 Issue 7, Utility Business Quarterl p2
Presents news briefs on legislative updates. Federal Energy Regulatory Commission's notice on proposed rulemaking intended to make electric utilities open their transmission grids for comparable service to all users; Department of Energy's proposal to privatise three federal power marketing...
- Washington report. // Electrical World;Nov96, Vol. 210 Issue 11, p5
Presents updates on legislation affecting electric utilities in the United States as of November 1996, as reported in McGraw-Hill Energy Group's newsletters. Includes the proposed reauthorization of the Overseas Private Investment Corp. (OPIC); Federal Energy Regulatory Commission's order on...
- `Retail wheeling' proposes to break up utility monopoly. Wooley, David // Westchester County Business Journal;4/3/95, Vol. 34 Issue 14, p25
No abstract available.
- Flex energy rate bill changed after `unfair competition' charge. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;7/24/95, Vol. 195 Issue 13, p2
Reports on changes in the New Jersey Senate Bill S-1940 which was forced by leaders of the New Jersey Coalition for Fair Competition to prevent unfair competition by electric utilities. A-91 bill reviewed by the State Assembly Policy and Rules Committee; Areas affected by the bill.
- Special status for small systems. // Modern Power Systems;Apr96, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p5
Reports on the European Parliament's approval of a resolution that will protect small electricity systems when agreement is finally reached to open up the electricity market in Europe.
- Nevada eyeing California electric bill. Timmons, Tony // Las Vegas Business Press;09/30/96, Vol. 13 Issue 53, p10
Reports on the implications of the California Assembly Bill 1890 on the restructuring of the state's electricity industry on Nevada electric utilities. Establishment of an independent system operator and power exchange; Comments from Edison International president John Bryson.