NEWS IN BRIEF
- Jobless Claims Rise 4,000 to 345,000. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;7/30/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31937, p2
Reports on the escalation of the state unemployment benefits in Washington. Percentage of the seasonally adjusted insured unemployment rate; Assessment of the number of continued benefits; Consideration of the economic conditions.
- Gem show loss for 5 years is $500M. Hatfield, David // Inside Tucson Business;2/18/2008, Vol. 17 Issue 37, p20
The article presents the author's views on the economic challenges being faced by Tucson, Arizona. The author believes that losing the gem and mineral show, Tucson Gem, Mineral and Fossil Showcase, for five years did not make the news because a much bigger hit came from the home building...
- HOUSING STARTS LEAD ECONOMIC INDICATORS. // Electrical Wholesaling;Nov2012, Vol. 93 Issue 11, p10
The article presents information about the increase in the construction of privately owned house which leads to the economic growth of construction sector, according to the U.S. Census Bureau.
- Growing smarter. Rademacher, Kevin // Las Vegas Business Press;1/28/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p4
Comments on the status of R.C. Farms owned by Robert Combs with the emergence of residential neighbors in Nevada. Complaints associated to the smell from the pigs in the farm; Argument regarding the construction of homes in industrial sites; Struggle to balance economic development and...
- Unemployment Insurance, Moral Hazard, and Economic Growth. Levin, Eric J.; Wright, Robert E. // International Advances in Economic Research;Nov2001, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p373
Presents information on a study which examined the trade-off between the unemployment insurance (UI) replacement rates and unemployment as an intermediate relationship that matters only as far as it impacts economic growth. Impact of UI-related unemployment on economic growth; Empirical...
- Michigan Governor: Keep Tax Cuts, Increase Unemployment Benefits. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/25/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31311, p5
Reports on the steps taken by the Michigan Governor John Engler regarding preservation of tax cuts and an increase in the amount of unemployment benefits. Shortfall expected in the 2003 budget; Other development plans encouraged by the governor.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Vekshin, Alison; Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;9/21/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31228, p2
Reports developments on economics in the United States as of September 2001. Effects of the World Trade Center attacks on the economy; Decline of the home construction industry; Decrease in the number of applications for state unemployment benefits.
- Recipients of Unemployment Benefits and the Recession. ROBSON, JAMES // Trendlines;
The article focuses on a study to determine the number of recipients of unemployment insurance benefits and the impact of recession in Wasatch Front North area of Utah. It states that the administrative data on unemployment insurance claimants who have received their payments reveals that 50.6...
- RACE FOR RECOVERY. Walker, David // Public Finance;Jun2013, Issue 6, p22
The article focuses on the global economic crisis faces in the economic growth of the Great Britain. It states about the houses prices that are increasing at 27 pound an hour in the capital 's plush purlieus. It further discusses projected economic growth of various countries for 2014 including...